It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simius Dei's "Adopt a Criminal Scumbag" Program.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Since so many people in the good ol' US of A would like to see us stop treating criminals like criminals. Perhaps we really should cease our "Capital Punishment" program and offer a different route for those who feel sentencing a murderer to death is cruel and inhuman punishment.

Perhaps we should just institute an "Adopt a Criminal" program. Then all of these (in)human rights types could feel a bit better about themselves by sparing a rapist/murderer/molester's life and bringing them into their own homes to help "rehabilitate" them.

This would solve several problems.

1. Those against capital punishment would be free of having to worry about the horrors that are done to these poor criminals that don't deserve their punishment.

2. The burden on the American taxpayer would be greatly reduced as the adoptive family would be responsible for all living expenses and medical needs of said criminal.

3. Prison populations would be greatly reduced.

Of course, some rules would have to be followed in the "Adopt a Criminal" program.

1. The criminal would never be allowed to leave the home and monitoring/tracking of some sort would be required. Possibly microchipping like you would your beloved pet.

2. The adoptive family would be able to receive NO government assistance in the needs and housing of their adopted criminal. Of course, they would be allowed to continue to receive any assistance their family received at time of taking in said criminal.

3. The adoptive family would be required to care for and "aid" their new criminal family member until such time that he/she has been deemed 100% rehabilitated. The justice system would not take back said criminal just because the adoptive family decides that the criminal is "too much trouble".

Who knows, perhaps this could be the answer that the "human rights of the less than human" types have been looking for.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
can i adopt one and then do to them what the chinese police would do?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Let me consult the rule book and get back to you.

Jasn

EDIT: No sorry, it seems as if that would constitute a breach of contract.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
gee, thats too bad i could have easily "taken care of" one a month, what a shame.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
gee, thats too bad i could have easily "taken care of" one a month, what a shame.

While efficient, I'm afraid that would fall under the ACLU's "Grounds to Base a Lawsuit On" category. I believe around number 9,122,416. Directly after "Using Black to Describe Your Cup of Coffee".

Jasn

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

that darn ACLU constantly interfering with my "fun" activities.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by SimiusDei

Careful, that's number 5,928,101.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Interesting "concept" SimiusDei, but it would seem that the "regulatory" and or "administrative" costs would far exceed those incurred by "incarceration". no? I think you and I both know that such a "program" would never see the light of day without said oversight ... if only to "monitor" the effectiveness thereof. (i.e. more red tape and costsin the end)

While we're on the subject, though ..

can i adopt one and then do to them what the chinese police would do?

^^^ darkheartrising,
2 outta 3 seem spot on ... darkheart, that is. :shk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An interesting "plan", SimiusDei. Though, how would such a "program" be implemented without exceeding the existing "per unit" costs?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

An interesting "plan", SimiusDei. Though, how would such a "program" be implemented without exceeding the existing "per unit" costs?

Of course a plan like this would never work. I wrote this being what the second title under my name says.

However, this is how I feel when I hear all of the people that stand up for a murderer or rapists rights. If they love them so much, let them take them home and take care of them. I thought that would be apparent as this would never happen in real life anyhow. Especially since I'm quite sure that those people that whine about the rights of human scum want those human scum to have those rights as long as they are kept far away from them and theirs.

However, speaking realistically, I feel something like this could be done more cost effectively than our current justice system. Pass the burden of these people continuing to breathe onto one person or family rather than putting the burden of tens of thousands of these "people" on all of us.

Jasn

Note: Personally, I think we should just get busy with the executions for those that deserve them.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Especially since I'm quite sure that those people that whine about the rights of human scum want those human scum to have those rights as long as they are kept far away from them and theirs.

Odd, that. no?

I'd have to agree with you there, in that it'd be like picking up a rapid dog from the SPCA.

"Uhm ... Can't we pick Another one? That one, perhaps?"

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I love the satire and agree with the overall sentiments, but...

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Note: Personally, I think we should just get busy with the executions for those that deserve them.

There's only one problem with that--DNA evidence keeps on proving how many criminals, some incarcerated for decades, are innocent. I'm not down with executing innocent men, even if it's one in a thousand.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Agreed. And what a HUGE problem it is. Take the West Memphis 3 case for instance.

Perhaps I should have rephrased what I said. Let's just target the admitted/undeniably guilty ones first.

Good point made and point takin UFO.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Whatever happened to "shoot'em all...let God sort them out"

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Whatever happened to "shoot'em all...let God sort them out"

Perhaps it went out the window when we figured out there was no god. Wait, has that happened yet?

Jasn

EDIT: DHR, can we swap homes or something? I want to live in the Louisiana swamps. Georgia sucks and I hate driving 9 hours to get to New Orleans.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What a grand idea!! On top of that, we can build state of the art homes for the "Adoptees" and "Adopters." It'll be real nice. I'm sure America's tax payers won't mind at all..

[edit on 25-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Would these people treat him as family? Or find it inhumane ...

if he lives in a cage, like a jail cell. You can't have that type wandering around your home alone. Maybe an electric shock collar if he needs some exercise outside. Chances are he would escape, so many imbed a device that will implode his heart if he gets out, that way he can't go harass children or grandmas in the neighborhood. or maybe kept in a force field so he can no longer harm society from his bubble.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Would these people treat him as family? Or find it inhumane ...

if he lives in a cage, like a jail cell. You can't have that type wandering around your home alone. Maybe an electric shock collar if he needs some exercise outside. Chances are he would escape, so many imbed a device that will implode his heart if he gets out, that way he can't go harass children or grandmas in the neighborhood. or maybe kept in a force field so he can no longer harm society from his bubble.

He would be taken in as a member of the family. No Cage. Just house arrest.

Jasn

top topics

join