It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chertoff: You Will Submit to the Control Grid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Source page

On occasion, our rulers tip their hands a bit too much, especially when confronted with the recalcitrance of subjects in resistance to their best laid plans. “Americans may need passports to board domestic flights or to picnic in a national park next year if they live in one of the states defying the federal Real ID Act,” reports CNN. “The Department of Homeland Security insists Real ID is an essential weapon in the war on terror, but privacy and civil liberties watchdogs are calling the initiative an overly intrusive measure that smacks of Big Brother.”

I cant believe that a couple of terrorist acts in the US has led us down this road.
As ive stated before, I believe these actions were alredy in the planning phase but they needed a reason to justify it, which they now have.
I dont ge it, why tag everybody when 95% of the terrorists are Middle Eastern Muslims, so screw what the press says, stereo type all you can.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here are ways to resist such incompetence. Move out of cities i mass, gather friends and family. Buy land that will be farmable, far away from any populaces, and build an underground bunker, and have an airplane with extra fuel. Pre stock food you know isnt tainted. And have plenty of guns and snipers on duty protecting it, and you have yourself an autonamous society of free people. Who need security, when Ive got truth? And God guarding my backside.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This comes as a bit of concern to me - I'm an avid traveler and love National Parks when on a cross country jaunt.

I'm also currently a resident of a state that is refusing the National ID.

Funny, but I'm not all that opposed to the card itself, and yes - a bit miffed about not being able to get a spiffy, brand spankin' new bells and whistles identification card.

But no one in my local district even asked MY opinion about whether or not I want to be part of this National ID movement before they passed local legislation (and I keep an eye out for such initiatives) - so it looks like if this comes to pass, I'm going to have to hit the "big city" and go through the hassle of getting a current passport.

That, right there, ticks me off more than anything right now.

I'd rather have a nice little card that slips into my wallet than worry about having to carry one more thing in my bag to keep track of.

How inconvenient!

new topics

join