It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"matrix-esq world simulation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Conciousness, in a way, the mundane scientific explanation of reality says that we do live in a world simulation, the world as we experience it is only the projection of our own mind's interpretation of sensory input.
In the non-mundane world, explored here, I think personally, that perhaps reality is contrived. I have seen things beyound the veil that show me something is going on behind the scenes. Have you ever felt like you were on the verge of breaking through, about to discover the truth, and then wam, something happens to derail your enlightenment?
Buddha said Nirvana was indescribable, that was 2600 years ago. Nirvana may have been indescribable for him, because maybe he saw a vast electronic grid like network, a simulation, that was manifesting reality. He lacked the framework with which to describe it, but maybe if one of us got there, we would see something we could describe with our own lexicon. I think we are getting closer, together, to 'breaking through' and perceiving the tru machinations of this reality.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Interesting, but Buddha's Nirvana is often misconstrued. It is free from all ‘complexes’ and obsessions, the worries and troubles that torment others. His mental health is perfect. He does not repent the past, nor does he brood over the future. He lives fully in the present. Therefore he appreciates and enjoys things in the purest sense without self-projections. He is joyful, exultant, enjoying the pure life, his faculties pleased, free from anxiety, serene and peaceful.
As he is free from selfish desire, hatred, ignorance, conceit, pride, and all such ‘defilements’, he is pure and gentle, full of universal love, compassion, kindness, sympathy, understanding and tolerance. His service to others is of the purest, for he has no thought of self. He gains nothing, accumulated nothing, because he is free from the illusion of Self and the ‘thirst’ of becoming.

Nirvana simply is.

Dzogchen Is quite interesting in terms of Buddhist beliefs. It suggest waking life and dreaming are not different at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It's no coincedince that you cannot "tell" what Nirvana actualy is.

Imagine; You are in a coca-cola can.

Would you be able to tell that you are in a coca cola can from the inside?

Simply; NO, cause you can't see the logo from the inside.

-PureET

join