It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy's anti-paedophile action-plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Sarkozy's anti-paedophile action-plan

news.bbc.co.uk

'Chemical castration'

He was not afraid, Mr Sarkozy said, to call hormonal treatment for paedophiles "chemical castration".

On the convicted paedophile who allegedly attacked the five-year-old boy, he said: "I don't understand how someone is sentenced to 27 years and only serves 18."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
librabunda.blogspot.com
www.moralhealth.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Posthuman: More Human Than Human?
Is the world being duped into being sterilized?
EUGENICS

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
First, let me clarify myself: my opinion is that paedphillia is one of the vilest crimes that haunt today's world, and paedophilles should face harshest legal punishments. Furthermore, they should be monitored throughout their practically entire life, because rate of recidivism is quite near 100%.

But, there is one other implication in all this. If you start chemically castrating paedophilles, will it end there? If it will, I would approve it, tho it's extremely harsh messure. But, I fear it would not- - someone could soon come up withe 'bright' idea that there are others that should be chemically castrated. And so it would begin.

This all reminds me of 1930's, and Nazi experiments with mentally ill people, retarded people and other 'unwanted' groups. They've tried to castrate them using x-rays.

Bottom line is this - are we seeing the creeping return of EUGENICS?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join