It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really worth it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Is it really worth actually electing Bush this time around? I actually bought into the hype last time, but I
cannot do it again.

First off, there were major failures in the way he initially handled terrorism threats. I AM saying he allowed the attacks to happen and could have done something. I AM not saying he did it due topolitical gain or complete and utter ignorance, but whenever you have this type of information, you can do something about it.

Secondly, him and his adminstration has pushed through civil rights and spearheaded campaigns for legislation that LIMITS OUR FREEDOMS. The Patriot Act is not good legislation my friends. Anything that limits your privacies and freedoms under the cloak of "security" is not a good policy. This act is wrong and rumbling I have heard is that the Patriot Act II is about to hit legislation or at least parts of it. Is this the type of government that you want to have?

Third, his brand new stance on ILLEGAL aliens is horrible. Some people talk about how we pamper CRIMINALS already, but do they support this crap? I hope not. This is pampering true CRIMINALS. I'm not against Hispanics; I'm just against the government giving the fence jump and runners a legal right to be here when they ILLEGALLY got here. This piece of legislation could be compared to making Drunk Driving legal. Everybody who has done it or in jail for it will be released and forgiven. WHY??? Is this all for political maneuvering? Is this so the government can finally make money off of the illegal immigrant labor? I would certainly love to hear the reasons for this.

Fourth, spending like a mad liberal with purpose. Enough said...

Finally, I have heard this one statement through the board and truly believe it. YOU EITHER GET A MODERATE LIBERAL NOW OR AN EXTREME LIBERAL IN 2008. Right now, there is a huge amount of people who do not like, trust, or stand up for this administration and are angry. If there is another four more years of this (what we have going on right now), these numbers will grow and grow and they will vote an extreme liberal who is completely far away from Bush. Assume Bush does get re-elected and we do have fou more years of "eh?" and Patriot Acts, these people who are mad now will be irate in 2008. (That's a good slogan...irate in 2008)

That's all for right now, I'm going to class.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
WE didn't elect him the first time....
He manipulated the system, and got voted by the electorate, not the people...

Such manipulation, sadly, won't even be needed this time, as though it appeared the Dems picked their pony early one...(Dean), others (Clarke, Kerry, etc.) started picking up steam as well... With the Dems divided, once again, Dubya will be in office.....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's why I added the "actually elect him this time around". It wasn't even the Electoral College that got him. It was the Supreme Court that was full of people his Daddy and Reagan appointed that won him the election. They ruled outside of their jurisdiction. I don't see why everyone was against the recount. After all, it is a way to keep people honest. But the people who support Bush do not think so. I admit, I voted for him in 2000 because of a major distaste I had for Gore and also that he was too much of a boob not to screw things up. I was wrong. He surrounded himself with the completely wrong people. Cheney, Ashcroft, and to some degree Rumsfeld and Rice are not the best people to surround yourself with. All four have their own agenda and can and will abuse their power.

Now, I'm not proDemocrat nor am I anti-Republican. I believe there are many horribly wrong injustices done during this administration and I would love to see it exit stage right. (heh a pun...) Anyhow...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm not voting for anybody this time around. I just don't see anyone I can trust as my president for the next term.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Shoot vote for a third party. Try to get Nader his 9% so we can possibly see another party on the horizon. It only takes a small fire to make a whole lot of smoke.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Shoot vote for a third party. Try to get Nader his 9% so we can possibly see another party on the horizon. It only takes a small fire to make a whole lot of smoke.

Yeah, my friend actually mentioned that to me which is not a bad idea.

top topics

join