It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Animal abuse

www.pet-abuse.com

People who torture or kill animals would face much stiffer penalties if House Bill 2328 is passed.

If the bill passes the Senate as well and gets signed into law, cruelty to animals will become a felony.

According to authors of HB 2328, under the current law district attorneys have been unable to prosecute cases in which someone has drowned shelter dogs in cages by dropping them into a city\'s sewage tank, burned and mutilated kittens, and killed a puppy with a power lawn mower.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
this is the best thing iv herd in a long time

www.pet-abuse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Alright, it's about time a law's started to go through that made sense. Animal cruelty serves absolutely no reason and is just as bad as torturing a human as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

if they dont pass this they r crazy

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
[edit on 23-8-2007 by bronson1523]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Great news.

I put animal abusers in the same category as rapists & murderers - sub human scum.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I agree with animal torturers being on the same level as murderers and rapists. They diserve to be tortured themselves...much slower and more painfully. I myself would love to place much pain on some nerdy assed loser that feels the need to hurt a poor defenseless animal. In the cases in which the animal started it.....animals are more in tune with the world than any human could ever wish to be...and there was a damn good reason for any such animal to attack.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by saintnuke

SOOOOOOOOOOO, WHO DECIDES?????? Peta? or Col Sanders.........?

Animal Abuse is sick and evil. But what is the real definition? Is hunting abuse?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Maybe it wont pass.

For some reason the NAACP doesnt think what Vick did was so bad. It almost sounds like the NAACP sees dogfighting as a legitimate sport. On par with bagging a deer or a turkey for food.

www.bloomberg.com...
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's time and past for a law of this nature. Many serial killers start out torturing and killing animals but because it isn't a felony it goes unnoticed until it's too late.

Animal abuse should carry stiff penalties and I'm good with putting in on the same level as child abuse and sex crimes.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by astmonster

In my own opinion...I indeed consider hunting abuse. When one can merely just go down the road to the grocery store or meat market and purchase the exact thing he kills it is murder. If one hunts for survival, that is a different story....I eat meat....but only because I don't wan't to waste the food that someone already killed and stocked up in the market for me to buy. If I would have to kill my own food, fruits and vegetables with the occassional fish is all that I would have in my diet.

I edited this in:

If one hunts for the mere enjoyment of killing something....I see them as murderers. However I do not feel the need to cause them any harm, as society has made it seem like a perfectly natural thing to kill. People that cause harm to any dog or cat should be shot, as that is one step down from causing harm to a child in my book. Also, hunters are most likely the kind of people to run off and join the military so they can shoot something with a little more zing too it.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by saintnuke]

new topics

top topics

join