It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome image of a plane being struck by lightening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ill embed the image in the post but it is animated so I youll get the best
view of it by going to the site to view it, the site is coast to coast btw.
Really cool image, that I thought others would like to see.

Coast2Coast

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow! That is incredible!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thats quite the image.

You'd think it would do more damage, although lightning goes the most efficant route to the ground.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So I wonder what's it like to be sitting window seat when the jet gets zapped? Think they felt any static? I bet it blinded the crap outta the people that happened to be looking outside right then. I bet the thunder clap was loud as hell too!

[edit on 8/23/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
They didn't feel a thing, that's the clever thing about a Faraday cage. The pilots might have seen the flash, but the passengers probably didn't see much. And the thunder clap was not as loud as you would think it was. It was louder on the ground, due to the way the sound gets generated from the lightning. The sound gets generated all the way across the lightning due to the rapid expansion of air. So if you are at the end of the lightning strike, you get to hear the sound from the closest end first and then you hear more and more of the sound from the top of the lightning strike. If you were on the ground, you would hear more of the same sound in a shorter time period. Hope you understand, it would be easier to explain with a drawing.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scarystuff

Thanks for the breakdown, man. I get what you are saying - but a drawing may help illustrate this point to others.

new topics

top topics

join