It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Manual Details How to Deal With Protesters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Marg Marg Marg... I love yah but you're thinking too small.

Bush and the appropriate majority have just been enabling the next President and her respective majority needed to continue the agenda.

At least she won't have all these annoying protesters to worry about. She'll have the military available to keep them in check.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

You know apc that one of my hottest points is that modern dictatorship is one that will be prep for generations of the position of president regardless who the president will be.

When people hear the word dictatorship they immediately think that is one person in power for ever, but modern times has change that idea, now in a nation like ours our political system is controlled by a few.

It doesn't matter who is the president or the candidates they come from the same to elite parties and they are chosen for us.

We still enjoy the democratic system of choosing one and voting in a holiday style commemoration, but guess what. . . they come from the same group.

Pity.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
You bring up a very valid point, that prior admins probably had similar policies. However, the question arises: what are they so scared of, that they don't want to address the protestors face to face? Are our leaders unable to take criticisms? If so, why not?

All you have to do is to look at some of the 9-11 threads to answer your own question. People don't want to have a civil debate anymore, they are more interested in causing an incident with the intentions of seeing themselves on the TV news. Let's face it, protestors are not there to talk to the President, they are there because of the press coverage that a Presidental appearance has. They are not trying to get their message across to him, they are trying to get the attention of the media.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is another question being ignored here. On purpose I suppose. Does the President, or anyone for that matter, have the right to hold an event without being heckled, harassed or embarrassed by people representing another point of view? Do those the event was intended for have the right to attend an event without being heckled or harassed by dissenters? Damn right they do!

If this was about Hecklers being blocked from disrupting a Ron Paul event would you have the same opinion? Would you say come on in and ruin this event for Mr. Paul and every one of his supporters in attendance. We want you to ruin our event? Of course not! Why would you expect any other Political Figure to put up with these childish protesters?

I'm not even a Bush supporter or a Republican but I can see that COMMON SENSE dictates that you have to have some control or the Trolls will destroy every event you try to hold. Responsible, mature people do not disrupt other peoples events. They hold their own events and run for office themselves. They register, vote and participate in the process.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Marg Marg Marg... I love yah but you're thinking too small.

ooo- Apc lol that was the wrong thing to say when she's already fired up. eek

Marg, I want to talk about this some more- Perhaps we should write a manual on how to deal with Bush and the White House.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

Oh Leyla thanks for bringing that up, Indeed I was fired up
, I avoid been fired up but I was enjoying the posting.

I love FlyersFan she is a worthy poster.

But I am fine now and more relaxed, so I guess we all know how the situation is in our nation but we all just go with the flow.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thats good, thought I would have to tell Apc to duck and cover. hehe

Any takers on the Citizens manual to deal with Bush and the WH.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

I am already working on it, but I carry my littler bibble of idiots guide to constitutional rights with me all the time just in case.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You think Bush will do a great dictator? he got the tools already at hand.

naaaaaaaah .. it's just all set up for HILLARY to be dictator in 2009.
BETCHYA!

You are right Flyers ...

I'm going to print that out and frame it. Marg said You are right Flyers .. and she even did it in BOLD type!!

Originally posted by apc
have just been enabling the next President and her respective majority needed to continue the agenda.

There ya' go! Exactly.

Originally posted by JIMC5499
they are more interested in causing an incident with the intentions of seeing themselves on the TV news.

VERY true!

[edit on 8/22/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

like I said before love you girl!!!!!!

Bold again, Flyers you are right, Hillary will be very good following a dictatorial presidency to do as she wishes, but lets be realistic she will be serving the side that is paying for her to become a president.

I will never vote for her, but I know that right now it doesn't matter what I want and the rest of America wants, the next president has been chosen a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
she will be serving the side that is paying for her to become a president

Satan?

I will never vote for her,

I would consider it. It all depends on who is running against her. If I could vote in the Dem primaries I would be voting for Richardson or for her. Most likely for her because I know Richardson couldn't make it. Richardson and Hillary are the only two dems running who are qualified and capable. All the others make me VERY nervous.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You know that she will be the next democratic candidate for president, is not doubt in my mind that she will be the one.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Does the President, or anyone for that matter, have the right to hold an event without being heckled, harassed or embarrassed by people representing another point of view?

Responsible, mature people do not disrupt other peoples events. They hold their own events and run for office themselves. They register, vote and participate in the process.

Well you bring up an excellent point, and I am not quite sure how to respond. On the one hand, the pres is a public servant, so he should not be immune from the malcontented public. OTOH, if he is holding a private function, he should be able to keep out anyone he chooses.

As to registering, voting, and participating in the process, the golden rule remains the supreme law of the land: he who has the gold makes the rules. As I'm sure you know, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to win a major political office without serious financial backing. Where does the money come from? Corporations who want sympathetic lawmakers. Who takes care of the average american in this system? Who is looking out for you and me, when the politicians are only interested in serving themselves?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
While there's nothing technically wrong here, it shows that ignorance is bliss.

Like I heard the other night
'' whats the point in protesting, when he isnt even listening ''

while i dont agree, it makes you think.

clearly, if 4000 deaths cannot change someones mind, whats a few hunderd noisey protestors going to do?

out of mind out of site, clearly president bush is a pansy!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333

You bring up a very valid point, that prior admins probably had similar policies. However, the question arises: what are they so scared of, that they don't want to address the protestors face to face? Are our leaders unable to take criticisms?

The problem is that during "any" administration you will have people who will be against that administration, and if such protesters were allowed to do what they want to do they would disrupt any speech just to try to get their 5 minutes of fame and further their own agenda....

<< 1   >>

join