It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japans plan for worlds tallest building - Solar power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Japan's Plan For World's Tallest Building

Japan's Plan For World's Tallest Building click for photos...

I remember seeing something similar to this on Discovery's "Engineering the Impossibe" (I think thats what it was called). Anyhow it looks like if Japan has its way, it will come to fruition with the help of a couple hundred billion dollars.

What struck me the most was the fact that this mammoth building would be required to be solar powered. Maybe this will spur the rest of the world to build more efficient buildings. I can't wait until they actually do this, as it will definitely be a sight to see.

Does anyone see anything negative with the construction of this building? I think it seems like an amazing and ingenious idea.

Unlike conventional skyscrapers, the X-Seed 4000 would be required to actively protect its occupants from considerable air pressure gradations and weather fluctuations along its massive elevation. Its design calls for the use of solar power to maintain internal environmental conditions. Some estimate that the cost to construct the X-Seed 4000 structure may be somewhere between $300-900 billion US dollars.

[edit on 8/21/07 by Don Wahn]

join