It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake Aviation Fixes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I filed a Freedom of Information Act request with the FAA regarding the aviation fixes FIDOE and SHOWW. Specifically, I wanted to know their locations in longitude and latitude. These fixes are used in navigation to Area 51, and show up on public records. I expected a non-answer answer, but these non-answers are often cleverly crafted, so it is worth the effort.

The answer of course is no record found. However, talking to the person in charge, it turns out the actual names of the fixes are reserved, so it is not like they don't exist.

Since I didn't play the game properly, I'll have to file another FOIA to see who reserved the names. [I'll see what kind of bill I get for this one first. ;-)] Verbally, I was told one of the names was reserved by Nellis AFB, and the other was reserved by some entity within the FAA. The reservations date back to 1986 and 1991.

These fixes can be heard in use at
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Cool, keep digging and let me know when the black cars start circling!

An apt time for an public experiment to see how much you can p*** off the military before they get seriously annoyed, if you ask me!

We should arrange some sort of secret identification so we know its you posting - and not a government official posing as you when you have actually disappeared!

join