It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaflets Said to Warn of Iran Move into North Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Leaflets Said to Warn of Iran Move into North Iraq

in.reuters.com

Kurdish authorities in northeastern Iraq said on Tuesday they were investigating the authenticity of leaflets warning villagers to evacuate ahead of an Iranian military offensive against Kurdish rebels.

Hundreds of villagers have fled their homes in Iraq's mountainous northeast while others hid in caves after what local authorities said was days of intermittent shelling by Iran across the border.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wonder if they have the guts enough to make such a move, this will cause a response from the U.S. I'm sure. This may in fact be the last straw.

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sounds odd. I would've thought that if the leaflet was real it would have official markings, also, wouldn't the warning warn the terroris....... ahem...... sorry, rebels or freedom fighters about the impending attack?

No picture of one of these leaflets either.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"Leaflets."

As soon as I read the word I thought, "propaganda." Frankly, the two are nearly synonymous, they go back through history together so long, joined at the hip.

Just off the top of my head, Oswald was handing out anti-Castro leaflets in New Orleans the summer of '63.

Let's find out who printed and distributed them before making any conclusions. And even then, beware disinfo.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I heard this last week in the six o' clock news just in a flash..That they had found shrappnel from Iranian shells in the Kurdish area, fired across the border..
I think that is pretty shocking in the first place, Iran's menace of Iraq's sovereignty

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If all this is true, and Iran is shelling NorthEast Iraq, and spreading leaflets ahead of an invasion... then this very well could be the "last straw" as the_sentinel says. I would love for this info to be authenticated.

Seems like everybody over there is standing around shoving each other in the shoulder, and spitting "yo momma" jokes back and forth. Eventually, somebody is gonna push to hard or say a bomb-ass "yo momma" joke and ...BAM! WAR!!

The world is run by children with power.

[edit on 8/22/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by the_sentinal

"Gutts?" They have been killing American soldiers since Jimmy Carter put them in power in the 1970's. The US has captured Iranian Military in Iraq since the beginning.............

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hard to tell if this is iranian or kurdish propaganda or on the outside chance a Real iranian warning.But i think if iran invades they would be putting themselves in harms way.Would they be stupid enough to engage the greatest army of all time?Going by the iranian president attitude....

top topics

join