It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 charges dropped against Abu Ghraib officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

2 charges dropped against Abu Ghraib officer

www.cnn.com

FORT MEADE, Maryland (CNN) -- Two charges were dropped Monday against Lt. Col. Steven L. Jordan, the only officer among the 12 defendants charged in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
While the charges were dropped for "legitiamate" mishaps:

The charges against Jordan were tossed when it was learned Jordan was not read his rights before an interview with Maj. Gen. George Fay, his superior officer.

I still wonder how many of the other charges this guy gets away with.

It looks like the govt. already picked who was going to "go down" for this situation. We know the scandel goes much higher than the soldiers (for whom were following orders) that were charged and sentenced.

I personally am sickened witht he behaviour that went on (and still is) in Abu Ghraib and other US mlitary prisons around the world. I dont care who says we need to use this type of behaviour to get our information, the US still should not break or bend our own laws. We are supposed to be the picture perfect country. When we start bending the rules to our liking, then that image is destroyed, which is much worse in the long run. On top of that, we know many of these prisoners (and their wives and children and other family members that are being held) are just regular joe blows like us, just living in crap part of the world. Its not their fault where they were born though. i believe about 70% of the inmates in Abu Ghraib have no information.

But back on subject... i really want to stay tuned to this cat and see if any of the other charges are dropped for BS reasons. Its just another access that we civilians and low ranking military members to the real going ons of the American Govt. and their vision for the world and the years to come.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The military has a long history of giving the upper class men a free pass and finding those on the lower ranks responsible.

join