It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt discovers what may be oldest human footprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

"This could go back about two million years," said Zahi Hawass, the secretary general of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities. "It could be the most important discovery in Egypt," he told Reuters.

Archaeologists found the footprint, imprinted on mud and then hardened into rock, while exploring a prehistoric site in Siwa, a desert oasis.

Source

I couldn't find a source to second it, but according to Loren Coleman, this is it:

This discovery has of course far reaching consequences. Prior to this discovery, the oldest signs of humans (found in Egypt) dated only 200,000 years ago. And it's of course another point for the "pro-evolution" side.

Up to this point the main focus of Egyptian archaeology was of course be the "Pharonian" history - but it seems there are much more to it than just Pyramids and hieroglyphs. (Or perhaps the one does not have to exclude the other?)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GemwolfI couldn't find a source to second it, but according to Loren Coleman, this is it:

Sorry. That appears to be the Paluxy Man Track hoaxed footprint. The real one is shown in this article:
www.almasry-alyoum.com...

Up to this point the main focus of Egyptian archaeology was of course be the "Pharonian" history - but it seems there are much more to it than just Pyramids and hieroglyphs. (Or perhaps the one does not have to exclude the other?)

I think that this is perhaps the most interesting part of it -- that Hawass is now creating a division to study the prehistoric material. It's been rather neglected, as you pointed out.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I feel this could be one of the most amazing discoveries ever in Egypt, as do the people in the article. I guess we just have to wait and see how old it really turns out to be.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Either someone was mucking around in time, or this further supports Atlantis, in the time Plato set it.(Which would include humans evolved much earlier)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
Either someone was mucking around in time, or this further supports Atlantis, in the time Plato set it.(Which would include humans evolved much earlier)

Uhmmm... I don't think you are aware of some of the material on how old humans are. Scientists put the age of the earliest humans at about 4.5 million years (if we're counting Australopithecus, about 2 million years if we only count genus homo (that would be homo erectus -- 40,000 years if we just count homo sapiens sapiens.

It doesn't support the Atlantis story in any way (Plato's date put it at 9,500 BC or thereabouts). And the footprints would be about midway between the earliest species of humans (h. erectus) and modern man. No Stargates needed.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I realize now they were not talking about modern humans, the article was vague.

new topics

top topics

join