It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashpoint :ICE Bags Hi Profile Illegal Alien Protester !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

ICE moves on and bags Year Long Illegal Alien Protester

cbs2.com

CBS) LOS ANGELES Elvira Arrellano, a Mexican woman who sought sanctuary from deportation in a Chicago church was arrested Sunday in Los Angeles.

A spokesperson from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency would not confirm Arrellano was taken in by ICE agents on Olvera Street, near La Placita Church, in the Los Angeles Civic Center area at about 3 p.m.

Arellano and her son Saul, 8, who is a U.S. citizen, were in Los Angeles seeking immigration reform and were staying at La Placita Church.

She visited three area churches to speak about immigration, but was arrested before she could go to a fourth church.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hmm is somebody getting serious about enforcement? I think the pro illegal movement just got a shot across the bow from the US government. The next few days will be even more interesting. This person had been planning a sept 12 national boycott and was going from church to church to avoid capture. I am surprised ICE was not at that illegal alien protest agains Michael Savage in San Francisco, where busloads of illegals are supposed to be, supported by city supervisors.

cbs2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I understand she has been deported and her child is with a guardian. Let me make it clear this is no cause for celebration. Its a tragedy that could have been prevented a long time ago . Its a tragedy for Americans whose social security cards or numbers are ripped off, and their entire SS gets messed up..The IRS records messed up..and if they are applying for financial aid the American will be disqualified because of that. Lets not forget Credit histories too. you multiply that by millions of cards..and you will see the suffering, and cost to us not talked about.I am more for going after the companies which act as magnets for the illegals, and I blame Bush and past administrations that gave them a nod and a wink. Who wouldn't come under those circumstances? I hope they keep the heat on these companies because thats what is going to make the difference. I hope Bush gaveClderon a message at that Morth American Union meeting that it is a new day and no longer business as ususal.

Sys

join