It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone verify this claim I keep running across?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Well a quick dig pulled up the article if anyone who reads this is interested in it. Mind you its a USAF word up againest a RAF word. or its USAF influenced who knows but most likely. I do think he was trying to sound fair though.

www.globalsecurity.org...

"They are different kinds of airplanes to start with," the general said. "It's like asking us to compare a NASCAR car with a Formula 1 car. They are both exciting in different ways, but they are designed for different levels of performance."

"The F/A-22 Raptor has stealth and supercruise," he said. "It has the ability to penetrate virtually undetected because of (those) capabilities. It is designed to be a penetrating airplane. It can maneuver with the best of them if it has to, but what you want to be able to do is get into contested airspace no matter where it is."

"You can see the technology that is out there compared with ours," he said. "You see the avionics and all of the great progress that has been made. You make sure you are not too complacent, because the technology that they have is very competitive with technology that we have."

I don't see anything too bad there West but its not real clear as I said to begin with.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kilcoo316

If the F-22 was passive, and the EF was beating the bushes, then I would be very surprised. Maybe it was a PIRATE lock

It couldn't have been that as the RAF has only just recieved its first tranche 2 Typhoon in the last few weeks and these are the first with PIRATE installed.

<< 1   >>

join