It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Does any one have reacuring "nightmares"? Where you are paralyzed ?All you can move in the dreams in your eyes you can run or speak and there is a shadowy man in the doorway with a cane and a top hat on and he just floats towards you and laughs ? then when you wake up you feel like you haven't been sleeping at all? please post a responce if you have experenced anything like this I started having these dreams when I was just 4 and I am still having them at 26!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I do not have nightmares, but I used to have when I was a little boy.

The nightmare was always the same, in it I felt that I was getting crushed by a giant pillow, or I saw some iron bars that were getting closer and that blocked everything, even air. Sometimes it was like I was surrounded by something that I could not see or feel, and I could only use a pin to make a small hole in that invisible thing to get some air in.

Those dreams disappeared when I start to take medication to my (until then unknown) asthma problem, and only some time after those dreams have stopped did I make the connection between the dreams and my health condition.

So, every time I see someone talk about a recurring nightmare, specially one that may be linked with some physical aspect, I tell people to make a check-up to see if everything is alright.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
IMO: Sleep paralysis is a condition caused by the brain function that shuts down your motor skills when you sleep. If you experience sleep paralysis with some combination of: Cataplexy - loss of motor functions when highly emotional. Falling asleep while driving, watching movies or relaxing. Getting very tired then feeling much better after a 15 minute nap. You may have a form or similar illness to narcolepsy.

To help with the dreams you will need to confront the emotion that you feel when you have sleep paralysis. So, most likely this is fear. Figure that you have had this since you were 4 and are now 26, so for 22 years that man in the hat hasn't been able to really hurt you. Experience would say that at age 27,28, or 29 he won't be able to hurt you either. This will take a while to adjust to, but after a while you will decide to force youself to confront your fear. When you start conquering your fear and replace it with something else, you will be able to move more than your eyes and most likely experience a lucid dream or awaken. Being that you can move your eyes, it probably means that you are afraid to look at the guy. I would force yourself to look at him. Good Luck

[edit on 19-8-2007 by popeye0314]

new topics

join