It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana in State of Emergency Before Dean Hits Jamaica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.ohsep.louisiana.gov...

BATON ROUGE, La. – In anticipation of a potential impact to Louisiana, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco has declared a state of emergency as Hurricane Dean continues its progress across the Caribbean Sea. She has also requested a Presidential Emergency Declaration to ensure Federal assets are available to Louisiana prior to the potential landfall of Dean.

Source scan pdf of orginal sealed request to President: HERE

The state of emergency extends from Friday, August 17, 2007, through Sunday, September 16, 2007, unless terminated sooner.

When this declaration of emergency was declared... the tracks are headed to mexico... and the storm was (and still is) several days from landfall in the gulf.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sounds like she's overreacting in an attempt to cover her ass after her pitiful performance during Katrina.

Right now, people who live on the Louisiana coast should keep an eye on the storm, but it seems unlikely at this point that it will hit them. I don't see how declaring a state of emergency at this point is helpful at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
She's covering her ass just in case anything happens she can blame GW and FEMA....again.

Texas should be looking at localized flooding after all the rain they had just recently last week. I'd notify NG command that they will be activated if heavy rains come in.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't see how declaring a state of emergency at this point is helpful at all.

from pdf

when the governor finds a disaster or emergency has occurred, or the threat thereof is imminent

dictionary.com : imminent

–adjective
1. likely to occur at any moment; impending

Here is the link to NOAA's discussion of Dean on the 17th. I couldn't see where the forcasters mentioned Louisiana in the discussion.

THE CENTER OF DEAN CROSSED THE LESSER ANTILLES THIS MORNING

I'd say things were pretty imminent the night of the 16th in the Lesser Antilles.

I am,

Sri Oracle

(Location: 3 hours from New Orleans... skys are clear and forcast to stay that way for the next couple of days)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Heck why don't we just declare an emergency for the whole gulf coast region everytime a hurricane pops into the gulf region? The track is not even really set and most don't have Dean going to LA. Too bad she didn't do that the first time correctly. Maybe New Orleans will start bussing people out right now too.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Blanco has been pathetic and continues to be pathetic. Sometimes, when you have a whole truck load of people acting worthless - some one still finds a way to exceed every one else....here's a worthless broad that just keeps being the same. Exceedingly awesome failure skills.

[edit on 8-18-2007 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

join