It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think the governmet has a reason for lying to us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hey guys I'm new here but i tought i should post this seeing as it has been bothering me for a long time. Do you think the government actually has a reason for lying to us?
I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for spreading the truth but don't you think that if everyone knew EVERYTHING the government was doing it would trigger some massive riots, mass murders etc.

I'm eager to know what u think of this.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Lukekilla4]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow I cant beleive there are no responses yet ??

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
well i guess nobody has an answer (a first on ATS im sure)

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lukekilla4

well I think the government is controlled by the illuminati. They think most of the people are sheep not worthy of anything. Since the media is also in on it then really since the lies have been started from way way back then, these lies are only so the nwo can take over the middle east. I think there is nothing we can really about them doing what ever they want.
makes me mad

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The last time I had an opinion here on ATS or a concern for my country, I was attacked so savagely, that I wound up in the hospital with a heart attack. So I think I'll stay on the side lines and just read. It's obvious to me that only one side has a right to an opinion, and maybe that's why you're posts are so few. Very interesting thread though.

[edit on 08/11/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The government is a puppet for the corporations, so they will dance when the
corporations tell them to. If there is a plan to make the rich even more richer
then you will see the government all over it like white on rice.
There is way too much greed now! If the government does not please the corporations, then they can just replace it with another one.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

of course they have a reason to lie to us. when we are lied to we are living in fear because of all the lies we hear on a daily basis from the media or other government controlled information outlets.

essentially lieing(sp?) to us makes us easier to control and when we are easier to control it is easier for certain people to carry out certain agendas with little or no friction

imo

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a leader must be given the power to decide corectly. A leader must exist to make correct choices. A leader must be accountablefor those choices. If not he is not a maxim of truth. then his truth is just a justification for his rule. Self preservation is a base instinct, not a virtue or strength. Without knowledge of what the leader does, there can be no consent. Without consent there is no leader. There is a ruler instead. Every man can rule himself. What we need is a real leader, not a puppet or an emporer. An honest human being to be handed the reins of power. one we know will surrender them when the job is done. A true hero. An honest human being. A man of old.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
thats actually a good question but let me ask ya'll this. Do you really wanna know everything the gov is keeping from us or lying about to us. Do you think we could stomach some of the stuff thats going on

just my two cents

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure as far as chaotic outcry including riots and murder but the nation's well being with itself and what others think of us as we represent each other in other countries eyes as in we are reflected as one no matter what our government does.

I have always felt like if a criminal gets busted for 5 felonies it is only a small percentage of what he has done in a whole. If you carry this logic over to what crazy items have become public like MKultra etc etc than we can only imagine what also has been done or was just to sensitive to release.

I have mixed feelings however. I think by keeping things secret will be more drastic if it comes out all at once versus little drops of info to ease a society in. I always considered the fact that someone not knowing better could come out and show proof of something and cause more harm than his great intentions of "spreading the truth". Just like a job if they hired anyone to be CEO on that person's first day he or she could not handle it. This logic does hold true.

Another thought is some things should not be learned. I think naturally we shouldn't not do or study some items and if one person does he or she shouldn't preach it or it's findings. This can be argued but that's my personal philosophy.

Trust me ignorance can be bliss and you may not agree until you experience said things.

I do think the government lies when they need to. I also think there has been some bad things that have happened. I feel it was a limited amount of people through out the years though. We always have bad seeds in every group, it is to be expected. My neighborhood I imagine has some people who have committed very bad crimes but we can't blame my whole neighborhood really.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think the government wants to slow down our evolution and dumb-down as much people as they can before 2012.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You mean like if the population found out corrupt they actually are and how throughly screwed we will be when the birds come home to roost?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes, you are lied to what all about nobody knows. There is something called SCI (Secret Compartmentalized information), this means that even if you have Top Secret clearance you may not have a need to know, or the information you are viewing is already so seperated you would never know everything about that certain subject, even with the clearance and the need to know.

Don't worry its all for the saftey/best intrest of the people anyway...

top topics

join