It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds and Beings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To Christians and religious members:
I believe that there is life outside this earth.
God's creations are endless.
To think we're it is blasphemous.
I do not believe in little green men.
I believe there are other worlds, but that those beings are like us, in image and in mentality.
God made man in his image, so therefore we conclude that those other beings are in the image of ourselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And if they are not men?

Don't you think that it is possible that those beings, if they exist, although behaving like men, could not be men?

What is the definition of man?

PS: sorry for interfering in your thread, I am not a Christian, although I was baptized, and I am neither a religious person, I am an atheist.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think there is life out there although I'm not religious it is highly possible that there is life out there. I mean the universe is so big how could there not be?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe that this universe being soooooooooooooooooooooooooo immensely huge there HAS to be life out there somewhere. I mean come on look at how many stars there are in the Milky Way alone, between 200 and 400 BILLION stars. That is a hell of a lot of stars! Even if a star can only hold 1 planet that can sustain life, then there's still a really good chance. So IMHO, YES there is life out there somewhere, whether they resemble man or not? I don't know.

I'm Christian, and the way I understand being created in God's image, we are created in His image in spirit more than physically, so if there is life out there and they resemble us, its probably not physically, but spiritually, but this isn't a place to explain my theology, so yeah thats my theory I guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't mean to argue or criticize in any way, but Jesus Himself is in the image of His Father.
I believe physically we are in the image of God.

top topics

join