It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago airshow to demonstrate the F-22's "full capabilities" (Member shot video included)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh, and by the way, at their first Northern Edge in 2007, the F-22s attained a 144-0 kill record against multiple threat engagements (F-15s, F-16s, and F/A-18s). This included many 4-on-1 scenarios, with the F-22 being the "1"

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Any one seen the Eurofighter??? It's even more manouverable than the F-22. It also has all of the advantages of the F-22 minus the stealth ability.
The EF also engaged 4 F-16 in a training exercise and took them out before the F-16 knew what hit them. The EF also took down 2 F-16 in a training dogfight.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
That's some piece of hardware...
However. as we're watching an incredible, ariel vehicle performing unbelievable manouevers, captured on video and plonked onto Youtube, it only seems right and proper to scream FAKE!!! CGI!!! YOU CAN SEE THE PIXELATION!!

(Just joking guys!)

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have not seen any #'s regarding an F-22 vs. Typhoon scenario, but this may give you some idea as to how amazing the F-22 Raptor is.

Britain’s Defence Evaluation and Research Agency recently conducted a study to see how modern aircraft would handle a threat. The threat chosen for this study was the Su-35.

Here are some of the results:

- For every 10 Su-35s, 1 F-22 would be lost
- For every 4.5 Su-35s, 1 EF Typhoon would be lost
- For every .8 Su-35s, 1 F-15 Eagle would be lost
- For every .4 Su-35s, 1 F/A-18 would be lost
- For every .3 Su-35s, 1 F-16 would be lost

So according to this, which is just one was of looking at it, there is certainly an advantage to flying a EF Typhoon. However, the F-22 is leaps and bounds ahead.

This also makes the case for the F-22's cost. Many say that it is a relic of the Cold War mentality, but as you can see, F-15s and F-16s have finally met their match after years of being on top.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't mean to get off topic,but when I was in the navy i saw an airshow they had on base.I was at NAS Memphis in Millington ,Tenn.in 1986.It was absolutely incredible to watch.The most memorable thing was the mock bombing runs by the A-6s.They had charges placed in the ground,and the A-6s would come in and the charges would go off.Talk about a rush! Man,wish I lived near Chicago!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I live in the panhandle of Florida, and I have seen some pretty cool things. About a month ago they were doing a lot of fake dog fights, and some of them were right over my house. So I went outside with my binoculars, and lo and behold, there were 2 F15's, 2 F16's and a single F22 going at it above my house. It was quite a show. I remember seeing one of the F15's on the tail of the F22 and seeing the F22 pivot 90 degrees and shoot off in another direction. I ran inside to grab a camera but by that time the planes were gone. Too bad, it would have been a great video.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A big THANK-YOU to those who explained why the F22 is so awesome.
I suppose now that the cold-war is over, there's no need to hide our
technological advances any longer. Thanks again gents. -cwm

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
oops double post..this one erased.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by carewemust]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by crash5258
Britain’s Defence Evaluation and Research Agency recently conducted a study to see how modern aircraft would handle a threat. The threat chosen for this study was the Su-35.

That DERA study is well over 10 years old - infact, it may be over 15 years old by now.

edit: (2 liner), and the 'study' was based on guesstimates of performance. How accurate those guesses were, we don't know.

[edit on 19/8/07 by kilcoo316]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Any one seen the Eurofighter??? It's even more manouverable than the F-22.

Umm... please provide your sources for this claim, and the classified data to support it.
Both planes are highly maneuverable and each has their respective strengths in the realm. However under combat conditions (in pure maneuverability) the Raptor would likely have the edge due to it's configuration and specifications.

Originally posted by SKUNK2
It also has all of the advantages of the F-22 minus the stealth ability.

No it does not.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Oh god, I should have disabled comments for the youtube video...

Like vultures, the ignorants swoop in, attempting to bolster the MiG's and Su's...already I have blocked 2 people from the video.

The main advantage the F-22 has over the typhoon in a dogfight is T/W ratio. While a lot of aircraft can point their nose, the F-22 can point it and than GO there.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Man that plane, the F-22, does things that I swore were impossible in an aircraft shaped like a fighter jet, its amazing.

Some of the moves were as if.. its weightless and floating, others make it look like it has some anti-gravity crap going on! lol!

You guys can rest assured, if the USA ever ends up at war with Venezuela over influence and land/people in Cuba, the F-22 squad will take out their entire functional airforce, which includes a mix of F-16's from us and Russian Migs and Su's ..

[edit on 8/19/2007 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You folks should stop comparing and sending digs at each other... the F22 is an amazing piece of equipment, as is the Eurofighter, I'd say they're the top two planes in their respective roles. When it comes to 1 vs 1, they have different missions. The EF is strapped with holding far more of a multi-role than the F22 is. THe F22 is an air-superiority fighter first, with the ability to take multiple roles if need be, where the EF is a true multi-role aircraft. It's like comparing a rally car to a Lemans car.

What enemies of Europe and America will last see is a flight of EF's coming down with a flight of F22's overhead providing air cover. Good luck stopping that.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That DERA study is well over 10 years old - infact, it may be over 15 years old by now.

edit: (2 liner), and the 'study' was based on guesstimates of performance. How accurate those guesses were, we don't know.

Here's something more current:

Raptor debuts at Red Flag:
www.acc.af.mil...

Here's a nice quote:
"The thing denies your ability to put a weapons system on it, even when I can see it through the canopy," said RAAF Squadron Leader Stephen Chappell, F-15 exchange pilot in the 65th AS. "It's the most frustrated I've ever been."

[edit on 19-8-2007 by sp00ner]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

In my opinion, more impressive that F-22...
But neverhteless, great plane

[edit on 19-8-2007 by finallianstallion]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
awesome video! thanks for sharing this.
it's amazing how we develop an uber-fast machine and then develop properties which make it uber-slow (and maneuverable).

+10 to the post that mentions only showing part of the craft's true capabilities. i'll bet there was a rabbit in one of them sleeves.

thanks again for the great video.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner
What enemies of Europe and America will last see is a flight of EF's coming down with a flight of F22's overhead providing air cover. Good luck stopping that.

Ahem to that

One does wonder though what will happen once the Typhoon gets it's thrust-vectoring retrofit

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You know what is stupid? That people actualy compare the 4.5 th Gen Migs and Su`s with this 5th gen fighter....

I wait with gloating the migs and sukhoi`s after i see the T50`s performance`s in a airshow...

The USA have a good fighter with this beauty. Sadly though it is in very limited numbers...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't see the F-22 dog fighting too much since its power is to lock on any number of targets, distroy them all until it runs out of missles, and head away without ever another fighter getting even close to lockon.

Even though F-15s and F-16s are old tech they do have rather updated weapon systems and those weapon systems can't do a thing against the F-22.

My question is, how much does a Su-35 or simular aircraft compared to a F-22 cost? And now can they maintain a cutting edge even close to the US with the huge effort that we put into it all.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonemaverick

Now THAT would have been cool,Lonemaverick.You definitely don't see that everyday.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join