posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:31 AM
I have not seen any #'s regarding an F-22 vs. Typhoon scenario, but this may give you some idea as to how amazing the F-22 Raptor is.
Britain’s Defence Evaluation and Research Agency recently conducted a study to see how modern aircraft would handle a threat. The threat chosen for
this study was the Su-35.
Here are some of the results:
- For every 10 Su-35s, 1 F-22 would be lost
- For every 4.5 Su-35s, 1 EF Typhoon would be lost
- For every .8 Su-35s, 1 F-15 Eagle would be lost
- For every .4 Su-35s, 1 F/A-18 would be lost
- For every .3 Su-35s, 1 F-16 would be lost
So according to this, which is just one was of looking at it, there is certainly an advantage to flying a EF Typhoon. However, the F-22 is leaps and
This also makes the case for the F-22's cost. Many say that it is a relic of the Cold War mentality, but as you can see, F-15s and F-16s have
finally met their match after years of being on top.