It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Majority in Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If (or if Dean is running against him) or when President Bush is relected, many political stratigests belive that by 2006 that Congress will be over 2/3 Republican. Not realy a NWO takeover nessicarly, but you can speculate it could, however unlikly that a super majority will be inplace.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That would actually be really scarey, because they could pass ammendments with impunity. Such as changing the length of terms, etc. Pretty scarey stuff if it actually happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Admendments need 3/4 pf the States plus 2/3 of Congress and the President to pass.

However I can see what your getting at.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
Admendments need 3/4 pf the States plus 2/3 of Congress and the President to pass.

However I can see what your getting at.

Yeah, even if you have a supermajority in Congress, it's very difficult to pass a Constitutional Amendment.

I'm not really up on my Congressional history, but has there been a time before where a single party has had a supermajority in Congress and had the Presidency?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think it was when George Washington was President, or that could of been something else. Probitally once before.

However the GOP has (by history in past 15 years) the majority of states, not quite 3/4s. However, it seems to be the decade of the GOP, good or bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Try factoring in: the redistricting in Pennsylvania and Colorado, the Recall in California, the way Jeb Bush and fellow Florida Republicans were instrumental in making the race close enough to require recounts and Supreme Court intervention. And while Texas isn't really a "swing state"- Karl Rove's unprecedented mid-term redistricting is expected to net the Republicans about 7 extra seats. Redistricting is made possible by each state's legislature. Governors and their Secretary of State- are involved in the certification of elections. In Florida- Secretary of the State Katherine Harris- in her official capacity- called for a felon vote purge- conducted by a private firm- that "accidentally" disqualified thousands of black voters- votes that would mostly have gone to Gore. The reason for putting Arnold in as a Governor is the hope that he can help the Republicans steal California. I imagine arrangements are in place with most, if not all, Republican Governors. The Secretary of States are also the ones making the decisions about whether to purchase voting machines, from whom, and basically oversee the whole certification process. If you don't know about the fraud in voting machines, see blackboxvoting.orgblackboxvoting.org.
Numerous voting machine shenanigans surfaced in 2002's elections- and when one takes into account all the suspicious elections- one can easily see that the GOP majority may have been created with strategically fixed elections. If the media play ball with biased reporting and faked polls- few can ever expect that something odd had happened. This all shows how one ill-gotten majority begets another- Use national party support to ensure Republican state legislatures and/or Governors- redistrict to maximize Republican Congressional representation and protect incumbent Republicans- use voting machines made and operated by a Republican-connected company, to fix close races in favor of Republicans- then use this Congressional Super-Majority to insulate the President from impeachment and accountability. Then the super Majority can pass radical legislation with impunity and start intimidating Democrats and gutting their programs- turning their districts against them.
... and Voila, One-Party State, with sham elections to give the appearance of a popular mandate.

-DAB

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
who ever you vote for...they will always follow their party line, it doesn't matter what lies they spewed on the canpaign path.. a vast majority of any one party will just mean a faster start to a revolution..........

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You can give Clinton (or the hoes he was banging) cred for loosing 54 house seats in one november! First time the republicans had the house majority in 50 years.

Also another 4 years of GWB will let him onto more picks for federal judges. And don't forget Jeb Bush vs Hillary in 08! lol

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
God I hate Hilary, worst Senator. She hasnt done squat for my area that she promised. She said that she would improve enducation, and it hasnt happened.

new topics

top topics

join