It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking Forward To Chaos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree completely.

Maybe there ARE past lives and people who feel this need for change have already lived something far more fulfilling than this.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CSkys

If you and others here were not in the "bring it on" frame of mind, you fooled me.

Change is good. I'm all for change. But I don't want that change to cost the lives of those I love, and even some that I don't. I want the hearts and minds of men to grow into change, not see chaos and embrace it.

And I agree that the war in Iraq is BS. But if you and others want a taste of chaos, this time you feel you are yearning for, then that's a good place to get it. And whatever you die for in some future chaos will likely be no more noble than this Oil War. And maybe a lot less.

The whole idea of this thread has seemed to revolve around a coming time when chaos will overtake civilization, and you, because your hearts are pure, will live into that Great and Glorious New Day for Mankind.

I simply pointed out, as a public service to the young and impressionable, that such a day will be after a long and nasty road. I realize that you feel it was negative to post such thoughts when this thread was so uplifting in it's longing for chaos, but such is life itself.

If that day of darkness comes, I will strive with all I have to protect those I love as long as I can, but the past has taught me the folly of stretching forth to greet such a thing like a lover. If my words and mental pictures were harsh and negative, they will be nothing compared to such a reality.

I will leave your thread that shows the play station reality that is so prevalent in this world nowdays, and not mess up your dream of the perfect destruction of civilization, where only the wicked and deserving die horrid deaths. I had my say, and it was not to change any minds here, it was in the hope that my words would spark some one person to strive to change the world we have, instead of wishing it's destruction so that another could be built upon the ashes of a billion dead.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WoW.

Well, I feel sad that NGC2736 has taken this in the wrong light. It isn't so much the chaos that I seek as the possibilities of what will come after.

To each his own, of course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I believe that in a fairy tale world people can pleasantly, peacefully, 'change' the way the world is through love, hope, and kindness. Alas, we live in the sick reality of the world, so that manner of change is not possible.

I feel as though NGC2736 believes everyone posting on this thread is under 18 with one hand on the PS3 controller.

My version of protecting those I love is not to sit back and watch them rot their minds and souls in this infestation of filth that we call LIFE. Death is not a bad thing and the poor EARTH is screaming for it to relieve the burden it has.

I'm sorry that I do not believe that we can change this world. I do think a better world can be built atop the ashes of billions. Sad, but true.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Look I don't want anyone except the evil people at the top of the pyramid to die. I just see what is going on, and I am ready. I have friends that are in the quagmire of Iraq that you describe, and I hate the fact that they are there. I nearly joined, because I was brainwashed. Luckily I woke up in time to finish college, get a boring job, and become a keyboard warrior. I am fighting the infowar instead of killing the taliban, or al-ciada. This is a good thread to BS and blow off some steam. Sure I would rather be sniping the illuminati, but that time has not come yet. But let me say, I will not accept the "National ID card" complete with RFID tracking ability. And if someone comes to my house to get my guns, I will kill until I die, and I think that could be a good while. I play video games, it is good training, but I also go to the shooting range, and hike in the mountains more than your average nerd, also I don't see many "nerds" at desert races on motorcycles or trucks. Nobody has ever shot at me, and I have never held one of my friends as they died. So yes I know what is coming, it is going to suck, we that are lucky enough not to go to a concentration camp or die in a hail of bullets, will probably have to eat the boogers out of a corpse just to live. But the sooner the chaos is over, and tyranny is defeated the sooner we can have true freedom, so bring on the chaos, I'm ready to die for what I believe. I hope to survive, and have kids that aren't slaves, but if I must die so that other Americans can have freedom, so be it.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
...... will probably have to eat the boogers out of a corpse just to live.

Okay, never mind...forget the whole thread.....I'm not doing the booger thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CSkys
Well, I feel sad that NGC2736 has taken this in the wrong light. It isn't so much the chaos that I seek as the possibilities of what will come after.

Absolutely agree. I understand what you mean.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
as a family man i dont want chaos.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
First post here and I apologize in advance for starting in a negative way but people...

You want calamity to bring people together? When the Roman empire fell did everyone get together and sing songs? No they raped , pillaged and took what they could. Same everywhere every time civilizations fall.

You say you hate the techy life you live? Easy fix, move to Alaska or northern Canada or Siberia, heck move to Guatamala.

You say you're bored? Take up skydiving or base jumping or mountain climbing

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh but everybody wants to be Mad Max until their children die of radiation poisoning or they watch their grandparents starve to death or their wife/mother/ sister gets aids after being raped by some postapocolyptic jagoff with a gun

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why expose the ugly side of things, when most of us have it beautiful. I look at the world and realize yes I am confined to my old boring routines. Humanity is capable of something great only if they'd work together intelligently the way they should. I too look for big things to happen, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and I do think that we would advance from such a perhaps, chaotic event.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is coming for you guys in the US, but I'm glad it's not up here in Canada yet. I would hope that you can clean house without violence, but don't see how. It's starting to look like you'll need another civil war to clear the deadwood and parasites out. But don't look here for help. I'm old, tired, gimped up and will be way too busy watching the border through the scope on my rifle.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You're responsible for your own change and liberation. To sit back and complain that nothing is left discovering in the world or that there are no more adventures to be found is mistaken and a bit lazy.

There's plenty to be discovered and experienced but it takes dedication and a willingness to work for it. If more people would think this way then there would be no need for a chaotic event to occur; change would be inevitable. If you don't make an effort, chances are you'll find yourself in a state of entropy wishing for some outside force to change things.

This chaotic change probably won't happen in your lifetime. It's up to you to find some wonder and purpose in the world.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Dr_Seto_Hut]

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Dr_Seto_Hut]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thats good that I am not the only sick person that feels the need for chaos; watching the news and waiting for the breaking news, etc. I believe it stems from a need of self importance. I can admit that. The ways things are going and with the media fueling it, I can see why so many people are waiting impatiently. I think the event that everyone is the fall of the U.S. dollar. I see that event happening sooner than a nuclear war. The fall out from the dollar crashing will cause the chaos that we are looking for.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How do my friends do it? Work, eat, sleep, laugh at the most mundane jokes, completely satisfied with LIFE.

Is there something more? There's got to be. Look at past civilizations that built pyramids, large stone monuments that we can't even move one inch with our largest buldozer, their dissaperance is beyond our knowledge.

Interplanetary war destroyed them? Maybe they got "adopted" to an alien planet?

Speaking of chaos, I'm having the most fun everynight imagining me and my wife sneak away and hide in the shadows while the world and all of it's gullible idiots burn by alien rays while yelling: "NOW I BELIEVE THEY EXIST!"

And oh yeah, I'm buying a rifle and a GLOCK, just in case...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well thats all there is to is wait and keep watch. The signs are all there and all we need now is the kill switch.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I must agree I too have been lusting for the oportunity at testing my skills in leadership as well as survival and craftmanship. But as Section8 is the voice of reasoning in this matter it is very true that we may be opeing pandoras box with these wishes.

However considering it's the beggining of the millenium and start of a whole new era we have lots to look forward to.

Just look at history for example, 1800's civil war, industrial revolution, Napoleons military movement,Irish drought and famine,battle of the alamo, the list goes on.

1900's Titanic sinks, assassination of Austrian Prince leading to WWI, The great Depression, WWII, Hiroshima, The Korean war, the Cold War, the vietnam War, the gulf war, the list goes on.

2000's starts off with 9/11, the invasion of Afganistan, 3/11, Anthrax, Massive food and health recalls, to present,

Where will you be when then next great Catastrophy happens?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ever think that we live not only day to day but now hour to hour, and the media wants to be able to supply us hour to hour, but things just do not happen that quickly.

We could go back a few years and live month to month and huge amounts of the frivolous would not be there. We would then see events around the world in larger slower chunks and the crap we see now hour to hour that has everyone screaming “we are going to war” would just come and go without the notice it deserves.

I feel so sorry for the many that will see 2012 come and go with the US, Iran, Iraq, NK, China, Russia etc basically about the same as they are today. We will most likely have a new Bush to hate and the aliens/ Illuminati/ NWO/Armageddon will be days away once again to invade/destroy the planet, and of course we will have new countries that any minute we will be at war with once again.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I feel so sorry for the many that will see 2012 come and go with the US, Iran, Iraq, NK, China, Russia etc basically about the same as they are today. We will most likely have a new Bush to hate and the aliens/ Illuminati/ NWO/Armageddon will be days away once again to invade/destroy the planet, and of course we will have new countries that any minute we will be at war with once again.

I really doubt the world will remain the way it is now. Just a matter of when and whether I will be around to witness the transformation.

Just look at our own history, a few hundred years since the Indepence of USA and that few hundred years is NOTHING compared to the life of the universe.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
[
Just look at our own history, a few hundred years since the Indepence of USA and that few hundred years is NOTHING compared to the life of the universe.

I'm not suggesting a few hundred I’m saying like five. The point was we are contently looking for big changes day to day and we will not see it and even in a five year time frame we will not see huge changes, and so all the fretting we seem to do daily is a waste of energy and time.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I suspect the inability to reform corrupt systems does lead one on toward desiring radical alternatives, but chaos and destruction is already at hand.

If you are eager for more chaos, destruction, and catastrophe, do have a read of two novels and see if that is really what you want:

William Miller, The Canticle for Leibowitz

Cormac McCarthy, The Road

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join