It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear the wrong shirt get arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Take them to court get 80G's.....

news.yahoo.com...

Feds pay $80,000 over anti-Bush T-shirts

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A couple arrested at a rally after refusing to cover T-shirts that bore anti-President Bush slogans settled their lawsuit against the federal government for $80,000, the American Civil Liberties Union announced Thursday.

If you can't beat them.....arrest them....then pay them.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey,

I am glad, they had no right to arrest them, people have the right to protest and say what ever they want on their T-shirts.

The low is finally working...
great post.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by VolimteKW]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thank god, although I'm not a big fan of the aclu, basically for supporting that mambla orginization(kid touchers) I think its great that they got some of my tax money back to that couple, I'd rather they have it than uncle sam since they'd probably buy a car or some stocks and bondsor something , uncle sam would just use it to KILL PEOPLE and ARREST PEOPLE. All in all ,hell yeah, justice done!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
even though I'm not happy they were wearing anti-Bush shirts they still have the right to do so and I'm happy they won the law suit, i don't mind paying them for getting arrested...but Bushy always gets the last laugh, I would forewarn those people to be very careful of somehow being "involved" in a deadly accident or committing "suicide" or even being in a house "fire"....
things happen to people that draw attention to themselves...
and it is always good to remember, "don't wake a sleeping giant" or he will stomp on you.
I am curious now, I will check on these people from time to time to see how their health is fairing. it will make for an interesting thread one day.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Those shirts were pretty tame, going by the standards of the anti-war movement from the Vietnam era.
I guess if you're going to be anti-war or anti-Bush, you cannot do it when he's present. The Libertarian in me shudders. :shk:

The front of the Ranks' homemade T-shirts bore the international symbol for "no" superimposed over the word "Bush." The back of Nicole Rank's T-shirt said "Love America, Hate Bush." On the back of Jeffery Rank's T-shirt was the message "Regime Change Starts at Home."

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 17-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join