It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passport rules snag child support cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Passport rules snag child support cash

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - The price of a passport: $311,491 in back child support payments for a U.S. businessman now living in China; $46,000 for a musician seeking to perform overseas, and $45,849 for a man planning a Dominican Republic vacation.

The new passport requirements that have complicated travel this summer also have uncovered untold numbers of child support scofflaws and forced them to pay millions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
US citizens get a passport while you can.

TPTB always use the same approach. They start by using a good cause to usher in their totalitarian measures, then they slowly start using them against everyone! This is a case in point.

Everyone can get behind this, people who owe child support should be paying! However, who will the Passport Denial Program be used against next? What do you think?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
He, he, don't you love how the NWO is taking over one step at a time. Next time you are late on your payments of any kind Big brother will be checking your credit for that littler trip abroad.

Occurs is all for the good of the nation and fighting terrrrooooorrr.

Our government is the biggest terror America citizens have right now.

"By the way Mr. John Doe, your passport background check shows that you do not have a reliable health insurance, your cholesterol is in a dangerous level and your blood sugar is to high, also you are late on your car payments and your your wife said your lawn has not been cut in ages" sorry but until you fix the problems we can no allow you to travel."

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm all for it. I understand the "they're prepping us for a police state" arguement. There has to be a line though, not everything is a "conspiracy".

This program does not target the majority of Americans applying for a passport, only the few that bail out on child support.

People, I know we're all a bit skeptical of most things and we can see pass alot of the BS put out by the powers that be, but let's not get to the point that we see a conspiracy in everything we read.

Sporty

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have to agree with you on this one. I think its not such a bad idea. They need to buckle down on lazy parents who take vacations and globe trot while their kids they abandoned are left without proper food, clothes or treatment. These people need to prioritize and get it together! There is nothing I hate more than a dead beat parent.

top topics

join