It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who's on the phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When the phone rings, but you are not expecting any call, do you sometimes just "know" who is calling? Being able to predict who is on the phone is a common method for practicing intuition. It is also a relatively common ocurrence. How Common?

Reporting in the 'Journal of the Society for Psychical Research', Rupert Sheldrake - www.sheldrake.org... - found that 45 percent of those surveyed on a random basis could recall a time when they had thoughts about someone they had not thought of for some time, only to have that person call later in the day. Even more common, 65 percent of those surveyed said they could recall a time when they phoned someone who replied that they were thinking about the caller.

In all his surveys, women were much more likely to report such events than men. Pet owners were also more likely to have experienced such events.

His theory of Morphic fields - www.sheldrake.org...&Papers/papers/morphic/morphic_intro.html

an ABC transcript of an interview with Sheldrake - www.abc.net.au...

A selection of related articles - www.experiencefestival.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
very interesting

has happened to me on numerous occasions. something that seems to happen to me more though is when i get a call from someone i was just thinking about.. or was just going to call myself

i guess they're very closely related tho

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yeah, Ive not only experienced both myself but I've also had it happen at my front door as well as when approaching other peoples door to their house. I think this is an area that deserves further research.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well...
....I don't have to guess who is calling. My landline telephone has assigned ringtones to all my known contacts. A single ringtone handles the calls from unspecified sources (wrong numbers; cold callers; etc).
I believe that what you are experiencing is cognition - plain and simple.
Door callers for me are no problem. I have a large view window along one wall with no blindspots and a main entrance door leading directly into the primary living area. No guesswork here either.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sorry, not all of us are 21st century digital boys...

And I dont want it, the things youre offering me,
Symbolized bar code, quick id, oh yeah,

cause Im a 21st century digital boy,
I dont know how to live but Ive got a lot of toys,
My daddys a lazy middle class intellectual,
My mommys on valium, so ineffectual,
Aint life a mystery?

Not everyone has caller ID... not everyone has bay windows...

top topics

join