It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorate Drink or Alcoholic Concoction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha

my husband and his mate used to have drinking competitions about 16 years ago. They used to have a pint of snakebite (half lager half cider) and drop a depth charge of creme de'menthe into it (for those unfamiliar with depthcharges they are dropped into the pint complete with shot glass) the creme de'menthe being a heavy liquore would stay at the bottom until the end .They would race each other and the loser would buy the next round.
It was a really quick way to get totally rat arsed but probably not the wisest thing to do.

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by pantha]

We have a similar thing here called Boilermakers. You take a pint of beer and drop a shotglass of whiskey in then suck it all back. And yes, they DO hit you pretty quickly.

I like vodka & Tonics (absolut please)
Vodka & cranberry juice (cape cods)
Bushmills irish whiskey
Quervo Gold tequila w/the whole lemon/salt thing. Yum !
Terminator Stout
Wicked Petes ale
Sierra Nevada pale ale
Widmer Bros Hefeweizen
When I'm in England it's TONSSSSSSSS of cornish scrumpy or Blackthorn. I miss cider soooooo much !!!!!

Oh, which reminds me, there was a really good ale here about 10 years back that was made with Blueberry, I loved it but they stopped making it

I plan on trying one of our new Rogue ales tomorrow. It's called Arrogant Bastard lol (we have some funny named beers here)

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Being the poor college student that I am, I don't really have much of a choice when it comes to my drinks. Usually we'll just take shots of # straight up, or drink beer. My drink of choice of late has been Morgans and Coke, yum. Mix it with vanilla Coke and you can hardly taste the Morgans; mix it with regular Coke and it basically tastes like vanilla coke.

Something I made up, which is also very good (in my opinion) is mixing Smirnoff Raspberry Twist vodka with Code Red Mt. Dew. Use whatever ratio you like, it tastes good however. You can also substitute the vodka for Bicardi Limon and it tastes just dandy as well. Just be careful that you don't drink too much and end up

That is my 19 y/o poor college kid's opinion on best drink.

EDIT: About the blueberry ale... My friend loves Wachusett Bluberry Beer, I've never had it but he praises it like it's freakin ambrosia or something.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok I don't have that much time to mess around with slcohol having only just got my first job everand being below legal drinking age so I usually just stick to whatever is cheap and whatever I can get my hands on. But here's one I made after finding a load of those mini bottles. Mix equal portions of Cointreau and JD. God it tastes good.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My personal favorite is Smirnoff triple black. Have to drink quite a few before I feel them BUT
I never get a hangover.

Zima with grenadine syrup is pretty tasty as well.

I used to like vodka back in the day and drank some at a wedding recently
and remembered WHY I quit drinking it. Spent my Sunday
uh, cleansing my system of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Absinthe + Stoli + Red Bull + citrus tea

OK, where'd you buy the Absinthe???? Last I heard you can get it in Japan and Spain only. Sounds yummy though, all my favorites!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by Dreamstone
BTW, MA, where in hell do you buy absinthe from? Enjoy chasing the green fairy eh?

In person, from the Czech Republic or good corner stores in the lucky country.

But much of the stuff you find (especially Rumanian, Hungarian and some Spanish) is imitation. Google absinthe for some interesting sources, getting better.

Opps the prior question was answered. I should have read the entire thread b4 posting. BTW, my friend found it in a liquor store in Japan.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mine's gotta be the Moscow Mule...Vodka+Ginger Beer (not Ginger Ale)and has to, has to, has to , be served in a solid copper cup. Otherwise the Chem reaction doesn't work properly..

That or Windex.. 3 parts Vodka to 1 part Bleu Corraceu.. A beautiful crystal blue, and makes it easy to sneak liquor into Ren faires....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here's a few of my favs...
Crunk Juice - Doing it Lil' John style with half red bull, half hennesy

Sazerac (18 yr old) - sip on that with some ice

Sour Apple Martini - 2 parts wild apple van gogh vodka, 1 part sour mix, 1 part apple puckers...mix, pour, splash of sprite and a green apple wedge and cherry - try that! Just like a sour apple jolly rancher!!

Want to get toasted quick?
Backdraft - get a brandy snifter (Very important...do not use any other type of glass!!) - 1 part grand marnier, 1 part Drambue, and a healthy splash of 151....light...put your hand over the flame to extinguish it...drink...slam your hand back down over the drink right afterwards and when you can breathe again, take a huge sniff....
- I advise only doing one of these per night - lol

On the simplier side tho - if I'm feeling cheap or don't have any money - Miller Lite - if I just got my paycheck and want to get happy - Guiness!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The "Monsoon"

Take one part brandy and 4 parts rasberry/apple cider. Tastes great, you don't realize your drinking till it hits ya-BAM!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Stright whiskey either my own or my favorite Crown Royal

I have tried for YEARS to copy the taste and just cant quite make it.

By the way its a sin to mix whiskey you heathens:bash:

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hot summer days ... Gin and Tonic... mmmm I miss summer...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am with you on the Gina nd Tonics with a nice lime. I am always surprised how quickly they go down....

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Crunk Juice yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! lol - Henny and Red Bull
or Vodka and RedBull

Jose Cuervo in shots,margerita's, straight, whatever! I love tequila!

Fav cocktails are Cosmopolitan, (hot) Bloody Mary, Long Island Iced Tea and Apple Martini's

Then again I love a good beer and am right at home of my most favorite - Asahi
greeeeeeeat Japanese beer

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Pernod, cider and black 'mohican special'

After Shock Silver is THE best straight shot in the world

I cant believe this thread has gone 3 pages and nobody has mentioned lady boys!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
I cant believe this thread has gone 3 pages and nobody has mentioned lady boys!

Alan Partridge
You've never had a lager and gin and tonic and Baileys Irish Cream chaser?

I did actually try that once and It almost came out as quick as it went in.
(didn't actually ask the bar for a Ladyboy but was suitably embarrassed)

A drink I enjoy is a pint of Guiness with either a Tia Maria or Port poured on top.

They make for a tasty drink.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don't drink as much as I did for the last few years, I've finally started listening to my Liver, I haven't been cutting him enough slack

But my favourite drinks at the moment are (In no particular order):

Blueberry Juice + Rum
Chocolate Milkshake + Cheap Whiskey
Southern Comfort (Straight)
Jim Beam and Coke.

And for the Beers:

Newcastle Brown (The football team is useless, but Newcastle do at least ONE thing perfectly
)
Oranjeboom ( The perfect balance of Value and Taste
)
Stella Artois (of course)
Badgers Ale (all varietys)
Goliath (Big bottle of some kind of beer...quite tasty)

The ones to avoid:

Smirnoff - Could you make Vodka taste any worse than this? I like Vodka, but this makes me want to spit at a Russian.
Carling/Fosters/Budweiser - At least with "Shandy" you get some sweetness. These beers are just sad, effeminate, watery excuses for beers :shk:
Speckled Hen - A lot of people love it, but it tastes like rusty barnacles to me.
Bishops Finger - I was dismayed to discover salty undertones in this beer. Never again.

And thats as far as I'm going to go, I'm getting thirsty enough writing this much...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Brown Squirrel:

Vanilla ice cream
Nutmeg
Shaved milk chocolate
Disaronno Amaretto

Blend ice cream, nutmeg, and the desired amount of amaretto. Pour into a large cocktail glass (fancy) or other large glass (pig at the trough). Top with more nutmeg and shaved milk chocolate.

OMG, to DIE for. I make mine by the HALF-GALLON. O I N K !

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Jack and diet Coke.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Whatever someone else is buying.

Given the option, I'll take Maker's Mark. Or a single malt scotch like Glenlivet or Glenfiddich.

Jack and Diet Coke? Dude, if you're pouring Diet Coke over it, it might as well be Old Crow!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Diet Coke helps me stay buff.
The Aspartame keeps me cancer free.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join