It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the good canidates go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
When I compare some of the great presidents of years ago with what we have to pick from today. I have got to say, it is a pick of the lesser evils. I really don't see where we have a lot to pick from. And yes, I know the electoral process. However, even with the fact that we don't really vote truly democratically on a president, but rather vote on a choice of "suitable" candidates that has been given us. It is still a choice to vote, and we really don't have much to choose from. There is not much moral fiber left in politics. It seems to that the sly, quick talking, ear tickling, side winding, I think my point is most politians are wolves in sheep’s clothing. And the ones that are truly in it to serve the best interest of the public are too upstanding to play the spiteful game it takes to become president. The presidential race is no longer a fair, good sport kind of foot race, but more like the gladiator battles in a coliseum. Where only through treachery, brutality, and subversion can one become president. I would really like to see a candidate that could stand up to special interest groups and do what is right for the many, and not what is best for the few.

new topics

join