It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot and brother Cain the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just puting this one out there as a theory. After Cain killed Abel did God not punish him to wonder the earth for eterity? This my explain why you only ever see one at a time, no remains from death and no off spring. Maybe Bigfoot has been trying to kill himself of thousands of years but is cursed to live for ever. So if anyone has any addtional information to prove or disprove (my guess with this site is disprove).

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thats a really interesting theory that i have never heard before. But i dont think that there is any way to proove/disproove it so all we can do is specultate. Well, time for me to speculate. Maybe the mark god put on Abel was fur/hair all over his body. But i thought that Cain didnt live forever, but rather was cursed to roam the earth fot the rest of his days?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well, I think it's an interesting idea. Thinking outside the box!

"And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth." (Gen. 4:10-12.)

The Bible of course doesn’t really say much about the curse of Cain or the mark for that matter. Most people believe that the curse would be something like an inability to cultivate crops. At some stage people even saw the "mark" as a black skin - which is of course a bit racist...

Anyway - there are already so many different theories about the mark, and no two scholars can fully agree on a fact. Thus adding another one seem to make it even more complicated... And just as difficult to prove.

Personally this theory would be less likely as an animal form as a "mark" doesn't really make sense; it is said that all people would recognize the mark. Secondly how would "Cain" (Bigfoot) end up in the U.S.? We also have to keep in mind that Bigfoot is by no means an American phenomenon. Nor is he limited to the popular U.S. form. Take the white Yeti for example. Then there are several sightings of a "mother and baby" or even more than one Bigfoot at a time...

Well, interesting theory nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Now that's a slant I've not seen before. Nice thinking outside the box.

I seem to recall reading about multiple creature encounters...the attack on miners in Ape Canyon in the 19th century, or early 20th. If true, those would seem to disagree with your theory. Nice one, anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is way to much data on BF to contradict this theory but I have to say, what a great attempt!

The OP has a quite a theoretical mindset there but I would suggest he do a little research on all the subjective material related to future theory's.

new topics

top topics

join