It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 5.3 earthquake jolts Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Magnitude 5.3 earthquake jolts Hawaii

www.msnbc.msn.com

HILO, Hawaii - An earthquake on Monday jolted the Big Island of Hawaii, which is already under a hurricane watch and a tropical storm warning.

The magnitude 5.3 temblor struck at 7:38 p.m. local time, about 25 miles south of Hilo, according to a preliminary report from the U.S. Geological Survey.

There were no immediate reports of injuries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Good grief, first they get a Hurricane Watch and Tropical Storm Warning for Hurricane Flossie-Now an earthquake...Crazy stuff!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey, do you guys remember during the extremely active Hurricane season two years ago (with Katrina and Rita and all) there were tremors and quakes in the area of the hurricane path and we discussed that maybe storms could cause seismic activity? I believe, in whatever thread that discussion took place, there was even a link to a paper written by a scientist who speculated the same.

Just another data point in that theory I would think. O_O

apc

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that these hurricanes are caused by Global Warming and HAARP.

Clearly, Bush does not like... islanders.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
This proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that these hurricanes are caused by Global Warming and HAARP.

Clearly, Bush does not like... islanders.

Hey apc, just does this prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the global warming and HAARP? I have my reservations about HAARP. I'm sure that there's alot of scary things regarding HAARP, but with all due respect I don't think this PROVES anything.

apc

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
No no! No no! It's Hawaii! It's right next to Alaska in that little quarantine zone on the map. So obviously, HAARP is to blame!

You can even see another number in this one just like Katrina. The number in this one is zero! Look! See!!1!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Hey, do you guys remember during the extremely active Hurricane season two years ago (with Katrina and Rita and all) there were tremors and quakes in the area of the hurricane path and we discussed that maybe storms could cause seismic activity? I believe, in whatever thread that discussion took place, there was even a link to a paper written by a scientist who speculated the same.

Just another data point in that theory I would think. O_O

I thought of this myself. Hurricanes are a massive low pressure system. When that kind of pressure is put on the earth, I would not doubt if the earth quakes because of it. When I went through Hurricane Elisha in '83 in Texas, our ears popped right before it hit. The pressure gradient was extremely low. Just my two cents...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
wow hurricans flowed by quakes hold on this could be a deadly summer !!

Tropical Storm DEAN to follow

apc

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
I thought of this myself. Hurricanes are a massive low pressure system. When that kind of pressure is put on the earth, I would not doubt if the earth quakes because of it. When I went through Hurricane Elisha in '83 in Texas, our ears popped right before it hit. The pressure gradient was extremely low. Just my two cents...

It would be a negative pressure. It would be interesting to see if the sea swells under a hurricane. More so if this swell created an oscillation through the ground...

top topics

join