It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother fights off baby snatchers.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Mother fights off baby snatchers.

news.sky.com

A mother has fought off a man and woman who tried to snatch her baby daughter from a pram.
The snatch was foiled when the 30-year-old mother punched the woman in the face, police said.

The incident happened in Leigh, near Wigan, Greater Manchester.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hats off to this mother for doing what she had to do to protect her baby.

Hopefully with all the cctv in this country, we'll have these people in custody soon.

Far too much bad news about kids lately.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
nah the kid wil be in care and the mother will be charged with attmpted murder most likely, then she`ll get sued by the other party involved.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

nah the kid wil be in care and the mother will be charged with attmpted murder most likely, then she`ll get sued by the other party involved.

I really dont thin, none of the above will happen to the mother or the child. Hats off to her for protecting her child. Pitty she only managed to get one punch in, she should have landed that woman in hospital. Thankl god they never got their baby. (Hope they are caught), before they try and do this to someone else.

CX

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Updated story in full....

Mother fends off baby snatchers

Good description of the couple too, they must have picked them up on cctv somewhere by now, i think i'm right in saying Manchester is as bad as most british cities for cctv. In this case i'm sure people won't mind them.

CX.

[edit on 13/8/07 by CX]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Sounds cynical but these things do happen. I think in this case though, what with the Madeleine McCann story and the paedophile "scandal" that's always in the headlines these days they daren't blame the mother for anything or parent's nationwide would have a revolt. She deserves a medal and in my opinion she'd deserve a medal if she'd gave them both a good hard kicking. (BTW kicking in UK speak is beaten to a bloody pulp & not just a kick in the shin).

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I say BRAVO! I would gladly give that brave woman a medal.
It's so nice to see a happy ending. Way too many sad stories these days.
I hope they do catch the 2 who tried to snatch her child. Anyone who would even think about trying something so heinous doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us 'sane' people.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
don`t get me wrong - i think its great she fought back - its just in today`s UK my sardonic reply seems to be more true than ever sadly.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
thank you there is a GOD!!! as borat would say NA-ICE. This is first good news of the day, some body give this woman a bottle of bubbly and a standing ovation! (standing and applauding!)

CX

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

don`t get me wrong - i think its great she fought back - its just in today`s UK my sardonic reply seems to be more true than ever sadly.

I know what you meant Harlequin, i took it as sarcasm and can totaly understand why.

Whilst it's almost bizzare to think that this could happen, it often does in Britain.

Have to admit though, whilst i'll quite happily avoid trouble if i can, i'd happly go OTT on a child abducter. Jail or no jail.

CX.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Totally agree. If they're caught they'll probably only get probation. Sickos.These days you have to let folk murder you before you're allowed to fight back.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thank goodness she did!

And im so happy we are not hearing of another child kidnapped, Its very important to capture these people before they get the chance to try again,

Thumbs up to the mom

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If that had of happened to me, I probably would be facing assault charges.If they were anywhere in my sites, they wouldn't be walking away intact.Hell hath no fury if you mess with my kids, and this little girl can pack a mean punch.Drop you on your butt!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If ya don't wanna meet the moma bear, don't mess with the cubs!

Hats off to a fellow moma bear.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
If that had of happened to me, I probably would be facing assault charges.If they were anywhere in my sites, they wouldn't be walking away intact.Hell hath no fury if you mess with my kids, and this little girl can pack a mean punch.Drop you on your butt!

I'm right behind you on that AD! Someone start collecting bail money for me, cause I'd be arrested as well if someone tried that.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Very thankful that the child is safe, and the mom was able to defend the child. I bet the pram had a five strap harness. If this is any near common in Britian, then I think the mom's should look into other ways to tie their babies down, in case the would be kidnapper knows how to deal with the regular straps. Some extra belts and buckles should do the trick, even if they are fake. Hopefully confuse them enough to get some extra punches in.

The poor mom. I bet she is now scared to set one foot outside of her house with the baby after that happened. I know I would be. I would probably need to have at least two other people with me to take baby for even a small walk.

top topics

join