It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to hide certain threads in the recent posts view?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I find certain threads highly annoying and they have become like spam to me, is there a way to hide them so I don't have to keep on seeing them?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In the Membercenter - ATS Customizations, you can choose "MyATS". And in MyATS you can choose which forums you would like to see.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
In the Membercenter - ATS Customizations, you can choose "MyATS". And in MyATS you can choose which forums you would like to see.

Yeah, that's a bit too general for my liking. There's only a handful of threads I want to banish...doing away with a whole forum is overkill.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There's no solution to what you want, and I doubt there will ever be an "ignore thread" function. You have to "ignore" these threads in your mind...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Why won't that change likely be made, Helmutt? I bet I'm not alone in wanting to see such a feature implemented.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Why won't that change likely be made, Helmutt? I bet I'm not alone in wanting to see such a feature implemented.

Whats wrong with just not opening the threads you do not like? Its a pretty simple solution.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Let me answer this now...

NO there will never be a "ignore thread" option on ATS.

Just don't click the threads you don't want to read.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I can understand your pain, and banishing a complete section is a bit overkill. I find myself currently annoyed by the repetitive bickering of religion, anti-religion, etc. I am close to temporarily ignoring it for that reason. I would hate to miss a valid discussion of intellect ... but for sanity, sometimes you must.

I don't see how they could implement it if they tried. A keyword?

I think it would eat up too many resources anyway. Either a generalized ignore, or train our eyes to pass over it. Each one has its ups and downs

top topics

join