It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tripods Are Comming !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hmm thought that would grab your attention ! I was thinking of a great show the BBC showed in the early 1980's called The Tripods based on the books by John Christopher. For thought of you who have not read or seen this. It is basically a story of how three boys escape to the White Mountains to avoid being capped by the Triopds, machines contolled by an unknown ailen race which enslave the Earth. Well worth a read or look on DVD. More Tripod info below:

www.thetripods.org...

Anyway it got me thinking if we were overrun by hostile ailens and the battle was lost by humans how would the Earth look? Personally i dont think ailens will take over the world, but hey you never know!! What is your take on this? if ailens were hostile how would the world turn out?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If any theoretical aliens were hostile, we'd be screwed. There'd be no last minute savior in the form of a renegade hero, and no coincidental success because the aliens overlooked some important fact like bacteria.
All that would be necessary, would be to either purge the planet with radiation, and kill everything, or, create a virus to destroy humans, leaving the animal life available for study.

If they have the technology for the journey here, they have the technology to kill every last one of us.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pk1yen
If any theoretical aliens were hostile, we'd be screwed. There'd be no last minute savior in the form of a renegade hero, and no coincidental success because the aliens overlooked some important fact like bacteria.
All that would be necessary, would be to either purge the planet with radiation, and kill everything, or, create a virus to destroy humans, leaving the animal life available for study.

If they have the technology for the journey here, they have the technology to kill every last one of us.

Absolutely agree, if a hostile race came along and wanted us exterminated I bet we would all be gone in a matter of days if not sooner. If I remember correctly israelis invented a chemical agent to wipe out only people of arabic descent, imagine what a race that is way ahead of us technologically could come up with.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ah, The Tripods! That takes me back

Yes! I rember watching that show. I didn't realize they had made three seasons. And I kinda remember the show didn't realy finish up...?

As for a real invasion? Well I imagine something rather less cumbersome than a Tripod. And I don't see any reason to take our 'military might' head-on no matter how advanced they might be. No, just go back in time and take us down at our weakest

top topics

join