It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early morning object...2 pics

page: 1

join
share:
cjb

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's two images of an object I sighted at Avalon Beach Sydney, a long way out to sea. Shot on 13 June,07, I used a Panasonic FZ 50 camera with 12 x zoom lens (up to 420mm). The first image is the object flying to the right of frame at 6.58am, and the second pic is of the same object taken a little earlier at 6.57 am, but with full tele and cropped. Both images are 1/1300 sec shutter speed....chris
ps. I have added a third pic taken at 7.00am

[edit on 11-8-2007 by cjb]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey, Chris. Thanks for sharing some more pictures, mate.

What do you think they *could* have been, if you had to guess? You were there, you saw them. Could they have been some type of plane? How did the motion of the object fit other 'normal' things that you see in the sky?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It looks to me like super duck...

on a serious note I think it looks more like something entering the atmosphere and burning up then anything, hasn't there been meteor showers lately somewhere in the world (I can't remember where exactly)

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The second pic looks like a lime-green fedora zipping off because its late for work! >D

But seriously, intersting pics. They don't appear to be planes, at least not anything i am familiar with.

And to the person who asked, the persiedes don't start until the 12th, around 9pm, i believe.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
D.E.M., that's about when the shower peaks. The Perseids have already begun. So that's not ruled out for these pics quite yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's a jet with a short contrail (not a "chemtrail") catching a reflection from the low sunlight angle. Keep a lookout and you'll see plenty of these every morning and evening.

Honestly, folks. This is what it is. It's not a meteor or an alien flying saucer. It's just a jet.

Here's another picture of one, from a slightly different angle:

[edit on 11-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have seen this before, quite common sight, its the contrail of a high altitude airliner, inbound for Sydney or other Australian International Airport, the low sun gives the underside reflection on the aircraft and highlights the jet engine exhaust gases. Using a good pair of binoculars would have helped see the wings and maybe the type of aircraft.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Meteors leave much longer streaks and zip across the sky in a (proverbial) flash. These pictures are not of meteors.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
hasn't there been meteor showers lately somewhere in the world (I can't remember where exactly)

Perseid meteor showers will be August 11,12,13. Enjoy.

cjb

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Hey, Chris. Thanks for sharing some more pictures, mate.

What do you think they *could* have been, if you had to guess? You were there, you saw them. Could they have been some type of plane? How did the motion of the object fit other 'normal' things that you see in the sky?

Thanks.

Hi tezzajw,

I have seen enough activity by now to convince me that something strange is going on, and I am pleased to share some material from my experiences. I simply have too much to show all of it here, but I try to post different aspects to stimulate discussion. I can't apologise for the quality of the material, I try the best I can in strange circumstances. The fact the images are digital, but not a hindrance to discussion here has not been lost on me either. I have the choice to use both, and would choose digital every time for this subject. I can see what the shots are doing and adjust the camera if need be, while the sighting is in progress. I doubt I would have any material at all if I had not used a digtal camera.

I have posted a clip of what I feel is this kind of activity, shot with a camcorder and scope a few years ago at Palm Beach, Sydney, that might give you a better insight into it's motion.

www.surfin.com.au...

top topics

join