It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemies of Reason: Channel 4 television show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There are lots of clips from this series up on YouTube for those, like me, who are not in the UK.

Now, for time to watch them ...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

There are arguments for and against MMR as there is anything as you say. I find it interesting that nearly half of your response to the program was about the MMR part of the show and the other half was about the rather dodgy homeopathy. In two shows that is all you can come up with? Says a lot about the subject matter eh?

As I understand it, Homeopathy is but a placebo for our inborn mechanisms to activate our healing processes. The link to www.homeopathyheals.com..., well what can I say, you talk of Dawkins bias? I am only surprised that the believers have not cried "Bias video editing".

Fact is, in study after study the so called gifted fail. I think believers are genuine in their believe...but it is a belief built on gullibility. In the first program, you could see the clairvoyant and the dowsers faces fill with disbelief as they got it wrong...on many, many occasions.

Every-time they put these people in a test environment they fall over. Which makes me wonder, if you got someone who really believed they were "Psychic", and put them under test conditions and they inevitably fail, would the negative result, eventually negate their belief? Perhaps after sometime they would stop being psychic because they would stop believing? I believe so and if I ever get the money together I would pay for that experiment..yeah baby, yeah. I bet there would be no real takers.

I think it is positive expectations reinforcing delusions. Some of it may be harmless but what scares me reading these boards sometimes is that some here do need help, I am sure of it.

I find it amusing how for years the "gifted" have been saying we don't need science to prove it...its real. Now they drag in Quantum mechanics and any other "crazy" science to explain their "gift". Which is it guys, you need science or you don't?

Can't you people see that you can't all be right? There does not seem to be any real consensus and convergence with any of this stuff. There is as many crackpot schemes and ideas as there are elitist, delusional snake oil salesmen selling them.

I mean for example I read with amusement about the "astral planes" and those that exist there. You people can't even agree on that. So as I see it, the different astral inhabitants are more easily explained by the input of the human mind, than an abundant and varied astral wildlife imho.

I was sceptic, then believed and now I would say I am more a cynic. I changed my mind before and maybe will again...but I doubt it

<< 1   >>

join