It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams may be windows to parallel universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I've had many dreams where I'm me but the world is "off".

Dreams where I know the people when I'm in the dream, but when I awake they are strangers.

Dreams of places I have never been or dreams of places I know with people I don't.

What if your dreams are windows into the you that exists in a parallel universe.

What about the dreams that you are only an observer...
Maybe you died previously in that universe and you see it without you.

I've had dreams that are like watching a cartoon...maybe that version of me was indeed watching a cartoon when I invaded that universe.

Ive had dreams of visiting my family in houses I've never seen before.
Maybe, in another universe, my brother did buy that house...

Maybe you dream and see the future you, deja vu...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This may sound stupid, but i'm going to make this sound a little easier, World of Warcraft style

I know exactley what you mean, but to all wow players..

The "world", is the same in all servers. But when you enter pvp, you meet players from other servers.

I don't know why, but that's what your post reminded me of, parallel universes. If it's true that everyone has a double in the world, why is it not possible that every planet has a double also? Interesting theory.

I've had reocurring dreams of a death that I know didn't happen in this life, so maybe it was someplace elese?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah, these places we go in dreams seem like they have been there a long time, the people in there act independently of my expectations.

I've had some convincing ones and I agree with you on a considerable level.

But take it a step further. Try not to seperate your idea of your mind from your idea of the universe (whichever one you may be in perhaps). To me, they become closer and closer to the same thing, the more I experience these dreams.

It's like the difference in self-conciousness and being unaware of what you are. In a lucid dream we are self-concious, in a regular dream we are concious, but not fully self-concious. It must all be a constant struggle to raise our level of conciousness... but then again, even dreams where you aren't lucid, still have their advantages..

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by locobarrito
I've had many dreams where I'm me but the world is "off".

Dreams where I know the people when I'm in the dream, but when I awake they are strangers.

Dreams of places I have never been or dreams of places I know with people I don't.

What if your dreams are windows into the you that exists in a parallel universe.

What about the dreams that you are only an observer...
Maybe you died previously in that universe and you see it without you.

I've had dreams that are like watching a cartoon...maybe that version of me was indeed watching a cartoon when I invaded that universe.

Ive had dreams of visiting my family in houses I've never seen before.
Maybe, in another universe, my brother did buy that house...

Maybe you dream and see the future you, deja vu...

Very interesting theory...this kinda ties in with a theory I have about ghosts being from other dimensions or universes. Perhaps Ghosts are in fact someone in another universe dreaming...I know there are lots of reports of people seeing ghosts do the same things over and over again. Kinda sounds like a recurring dream...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So kind of, what you dream at night is real? I like this theory. I really do. It seems to make so much sense. But then i goes to show there are unlimited parallel universes...

new topics

top topics

join