It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, 85, fools, captures alleged burglar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Man, 85, fools, captures alleged burglar

news.yahoo.com

CLOVIS, N.M. - An 85-year-old man whose home was burglarized three times within a week decided to take matters into his own hands. Alton Tillman left his home at his regular time Tuesday, but doubled back and quietly went inside, finding emptied drawers, items in disarray — and someone's feet sticking out from under a bed, police said.

When officers arrived, they found Tillman pointing a handgun at a 16-year-old boy standing against a wall, they said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think it's great that this man took matters into his own hands. I don't think enough people do that these days. The police tell you never to take matters into your own hands, but I disagree when it comes to my home and family.

Police help solve crimes, good citizens help prevent crimes.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm glad he was able to safely capture this kid. He was burglerized three times, and the police did nothing. You would think they would have got the picture. Just another reason why people should be allowed guns. If this man didn't own a gun, the kid may have hurt him.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
He was burglerized three times, and the police did nothing.

Not very surprising, is it? No wonder why people are taking matters into their own hands.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I agree.

But, you have to ask yourself, would you have felt the same way if the 16 year old?
Or would this just be some story to you that you didn't care for.

To be honest, If the kid had been shot, I wouldn't care less about the story, let alone the story behind the story.

new topics

top topics

join