It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens are interested in our planet couse we have a stargate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
dont u think its an interesting theory?
alot of people ask why aliens come here not some other planet...were not so advanced and everthing...
now we cant say for sure the alien or the stargate phenomenom exist but in theory having a stargate makes us something more

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What stargate? If they needed a stargate and it was here they would take it and we would probably never know it existed anyways.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That is an interesting idea, actually. I don't think someone could just come on down and 'take' it, though. In fact, wasn't this the basic premise on the Star Trek series "Deep Space Nine?" The wormhole was right next to the planet, which thus became a political football. The Cardassians were in charge until they got kicked out and the Federation took over their space station.

Yes, there are other theories. THIS theory is worth discussing. Each theory deserves its own thread.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well they can't have it! over my dead body.
You guys may be right but you guys can also know, we won't find out unless
they invade us.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There are many Earth-Centered theories that can be cooked up to explain why "aliens" are interested in "us": for instance, we could be the descendants of a powerful race of star makers, who pose a threat to the various "benevolent" aliens that are allegedly visiting our planet.

Or perhaps, we are a completely unique life form: the exception in the Universe. Extraterrestrial civilizations are extremely puzzled by how we evolved, and are still trying to sort that out.

Maybe we're even an unwitting incubator. An advanced Trans-Galactic empire sent their child to "grow" on this planet and be protected by it, because it's very noisy and scary to most other ET races. When their child has grown far enough, he will return and rule their race with great wisdom. Interestingly, their beliefs are similar to ours, and what we have observed as "reincarnations" of "ascended masters" is really the same extraterrestrial child "growing", as it were.

I think if an alien race knew we had a (functional?) stargate - and wanted it - they would also know a lot more about our planet. Since we're not currently using this stargate ... or at least, aware of its existence, it may not be unreasonable to think that they would stroll in, pick it up and leave; we'd be none the wiser. Our civilization would likely do the same thing. If you reason along the lines of a very selfish race, you would still do the same thing. A hypothetical benevolent race would probably consider our current knowledge and use of the star gate. If it was unknown to us, and we showed no interest in it to begin with, they would likely take it because it would be useful to them, and never to us.

Theories abound, my friend.
It only depends on how far you wish to stretch the imagination. Yes... yours is an entertaining one.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
its very strange....if they are interested they would come to take it...and they would have to fight us and start a war....for an advanced species it shouldnt be too hard to win im not sure
so what are the options
IF they want the stargate and want to take it by force:
-they have allready took it
-they cant get it couse they dont want to start a conflict expose them selfs for the folowing reasons
: that they may loose casulties too
: that our defences maybe too powerfull
: that they dont know where it is

thats right folks have some faith in or government...were are not so weak
sure aliens have advanced technology but if our government hides everything that dosnt mean that we dosnt have space ships maybe?we have all those satelites out there,equiped with space weapons...and hell knows what more
we can put up a fight so have some faith^^
if they just want to destroy us it maybe very easy for an advanced race but enslaving us...thats gonna be a lot harder

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
and dont forget that if they envade us and enslave us and we dont have every chance of freeing our selfes dont u think the gov is just going to launch every nuke and destroy us?
if we loose the war.....and there is no hope...u know we gonna nuke ourselfs
if we die they die too SPARTANS!

so that makes enslaving us imposible...the only thing they can do is just destroy us
and if they come and start killing and destoying eventualy left with no hope we will nuke ourselfs and the stargate will be gone too

[edit on 9/8/07 by Unisol]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
SPPPAAAARRTTAAAAA!!!!!!!
I would rather try fighting to the death before we get enslaved.
If that does not work then I guess the aliens have a new slave.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
id just love to see bush saying to an alien "U TREATEN MY PEOPLE WITH SLAVERY AND DEATH"and the alien is like "THIS IS MADNESS"

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's funny that we seem to "have" one of everything that science fiction can dream up, or hollywood for that matter.

Why do aliens visit? Who says they are visiting? Maybe they live here, or we're just a tourist stop along the space highway. With their technology, time, space and gravity seems to be a non-issue. So why would they need worm holes and stargates?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You're also not specifying what this "stargate" is.

If it is an inconveniently-located phenomenon -- like the wormhole mentioned earlier -- I have no reason to say that an "advanced civilization" would be capable or incapable of moving it. If the stargate was a physical object laying in some desert, they would likely take it. If, on the other hand, it was being protected by "The Government", our visitors would be forced to state their purpose -- either through a civil approach, or shooting at everything that stands between them and their goal.

I suppose it also depends on how badly they want this stargate.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i guess with theyr tech they want to travel even farther and faster into other galaxies...even if they ships are that fast
or maybe the stargate is just used as a device to bring ground forces for sneak attack or i dont know i just want an alien girl

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
dont u think its an interesting theory?
alot of people ask why aliens come here not some other planet...were not so advanced and everthing...
now we cant say for sure the alien or the stargate phenomenom exist but in theory having a stargate makes us something more

It is commonly alleged that aliens are visiting us, but to ask why they are not visiting other planets is something we cannot as yet confirm or deny as we don't have the technology to know. These are things we do not know, only time will tell, unless something dramatic happens to change our present position amongst the vastness of space.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You may as well say they're here for the poutine. In fact, that's a lot more likely cuz at least we know it exists. The science is a might complicated, but ultimately it's all about the cheese curds...well, the gravy, too.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yaaa.. I really doubt that they are here for a stargate. I tend to think its more along the lines of someone passing a car wreck you gotta stop and stare at it. You can't look away. Either that or we are a zoo along galaxy route #66.

Alien Parent "See, look they are stupid and harmless to us."

Alien Kid "Why are they throwing poop at each other?"

- Go figure

top topics

join