It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I change my username?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't want some people to notice my threads... since I have made a lot of mistakes on this account and I want to change my name so they won't notice my name and say "maverickhunter did this this this this and that".

I don't use the internet name "maverickhunter" anymore. The name is old to me... I want the name "URfaceisback" but I know that I cannot create a new ATS account as it is against the rules to have multiple accounts.

I was wondering if an admin or mod could change the account name. I now use the name URfaceisback since I use that name now anyways. Is it possible to do this?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Not to poke holes at what you want to do, but with this thread, why wont people just go, oh look its URfaceisback, who used to be maverick...who made a lot of mistakes or whatever. Im a noob so I wouldnt know what you've done, but cheer up

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm afraid we don't offer the internet equivalent of the Witness Protection Programme.

I think you'll find that a lot of people here are very tolerant. Just try a little harder when you're posting and you'll get some respect.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
3_Libras, that is only one of the reasons that I want to change my account. The actual reason is that I use the name URfaceisback on another forum and I like the name because it's what I want and I made this account name at random.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No changes are possible. My impossibly long name is proof of that (Springer still can't type the whole thing without cut and paste).

I would say just create a new account and only post with the new one. As long as you're not being devious using two accounts then you'll be fine. We tend to catch people playing games.

Problem solved.

link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I don't use the internet name "maverickhunter" anymore. The name is old to me... I want the name "URfaceisback" but I know that I cannot create a new ATS account as it is against the rules to have multiple accounts.

Wouldn't anyone that looked up "URfaceisback" notice that you are in this thread announcing that you are actually Maverickhunter?

Just sayin'. If you wanted to the fact of who you "now are," would you make a public thread about it, instead of a u2u?

link   
Look it's URfaceisback and he use to be maverick! He made alot of mistakes but I still care about him very much

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Are you sure you can't?
. I would like a name change... but that isn't possible? >_> _>. Oh well. I'm going to create another account to post with and use when I feel like it but I still want to use this one for a while.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Wouldn't anyone that looked up "URfaceisback" notice that you are in this thread announcing that you are actually Maverickhunter?

Just sayin'. If you wanted to the fact of who you "now are," would you make a public thread about it, instead of a u2u?

I didn't think that they would actually look up that I was URfaceisback. The other forum I go to isn't actually a conspiracy theory forum but a gaming forum and I don't think that any of them actually go here and would know who I am here, to know that I go here.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I didn't think that they would actually look up that I was URfaceisback. The other forum I go to isn't actually a conspiracy theory forum but a gaming forum and I don't think that any of them actually go here and would know who I am here, to know that I go here.

So then why change it? If they don't know you're here?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
[quote

So then why change it? If they don't know you're here?

I use the name "URfaceisback" now, regardless of whatever reason I think I want the name, on the internet. I even created an email account named URfaceisback. I like the name URfaceisback because I get to make jokes about my username and I get to make comments directed at other people with my username and I like it for other reasons.

e_e

I like the name URfaceisback.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Im guessing you would have to get into bed with a moderator or something. Alternatively, get another email, Im pretty sure theres a way around it (not sure it hotmail works, but there are services that work with this site)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Friend, after reading this thread I have only one question.
Have you been drinking tonight?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If ATS wants me to keep my account with the same name I'll keep the account with the same name then. :|. If other people want me to keep the name the same I'll keep the name the same, if people want me to do that.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Friend, after reading this thread I have only one question.
Have you been drinking tonight?

No. O_oO_O_o_O_o_O_o. Of course not. I am only 18.
. Why would you think that I am of age to drink?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think you got some good advice and direction...

I'll close up.....

top topics

join