It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My itunes deleted all of my songs!! Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, not all of them, but i lost about 13000. i tried to start it up and it had some message about the xml and how my library was damaged, so i searched google to help me find out how to restore my library, but it appears that the less than 2000 songs that are in my library now, are the only ones left on the computer.

i havent connected my ipod to my computer yet, which is a pc, by the way. I didnt connect it because of course i wanted to keep my music on it. i was wondering if there was a program to help me get the songs on my ipod back onto my computer. i was also wondering if i should delete my itunes that i have now and just redownload a new empty library. help me...please...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh man that stinks.

You can try copypod to get music from your ipod to pc....I've used it with success and ease.

www.extremedap.com...

There are many programs just search on Google if the above doesn't fit your wants.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You should try this app:

iPod Restoration Tool
recovery-review.com...

Or if it won't help - some more serios data-recovery software. Btw, you can read many reviews of recovery apps on that site ( recovery-review.com... ) and choose the one for yourself

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If all else fails you can always go here Helix Linux and dload and burn the .iso . The program you can use to get those files back is called fatback.Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If I remember correct, that xml is just a play list. Your songs are alive and well under My Documents\My Music\Itunes

In Itunes, you need to click file, then look for import music, and point it to the folder above.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
the format of itunes music is ".m4a"

Do a search on your harddrive(s)/partion(s) for .m4a like this:

Seach terms "*.m4a"

This tells the computer to search for all files with the ,m4a format.

This will tell you if you lost your music or not.

BTW, may i recommend that you back up all your music to another folder you never touch or better yet an external drive you only hook to computer to retreve data on reloads of the OS.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

omg ur a life saver dude, i only lost my music from newgrounds, thank you soooooooooooooooooo much

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That doesn't sound good. Make sure you back up all your files, pictures, etc. from your computer now, as a precaution. And watch your computer for oddities. A crash could be coming.

A bunch of songs being corrupted like that could mean a messed up OS or a failing hard drive.

This isn't to scare you, just to let you know to be prepared in case something like a crash occurs.

You want your data in a safe place without delay.

Troy

[edit on 7-2-2009 by cybertroy]

new topics

top topics

join