It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baron Elie Robert De Rothschild Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
By WILLIAM J. KOLE
Associated Press Writer

customwire.ap.org...

VIENNA, Austria (AP) -- Baron Elie Robert de Rothschild, who helped France's renowned Rothschild winemaking and banking dynasty recover from the ravages of World War II, died Monday while vacationing at his Austrian hunting lodge. He was 90.

(visit the link for the full news article)
customwire.ap.org...

[edit on 8/7/2007 by zman]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is my second tread on this artical. I know for a fact that the artical will disapear, so if you are so inclided please copy and paste this to a document form and save it. I do not have very much to say about the death of this fellow, but I understand that he was apart of the banking system. And owned 25 percent.
Taken from the artical:
He held a 25 percent stake in the Rothschild banking empire and oversaw the conversion of the former Paris-Lyon-Marseille railway into a travel company of hotels and restaurants.
So, not only did he have a winery he also was involved with the banking empire.
Rothschild is survived by a son, Nathaniel, a financier; daughters Elizabeth and Nelly; and five grandchildren. Funeral arrangements remained incomplete late Monday.
He is survived by his son. Will then this fellow take over for his father?.

customwire.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
customwire.ap.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for the link/article. Please fix the URL in your first post.

Cheers

From the article :

Born May 29, 1917, Elie de Rothschild was captured by the Germans near the border with Belgium. He wound up at Luebeck, one of the Nazis' most infamous POW camps.

There, he was reunited with a brother, Alain, and although they were Jews, they were treated as captured officers and avoided execution.

That right there says _a lot_ about their power. Not even the Nazis would execute them !

[edit on 7-8-2007 by discomfit]

join