It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAAF jets accidentally target cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) says it is possible people may have been injured when a laser guidance system on a jet fighter accidentally targeted several cars north of Newcastle.

The RAAF says two jets from the Williamtown base were flying at 20,000 feet on May 28 as part of a training exercise.

Weapons guidance lasers were pointed at a car at the intersection of the Lakes Way and Seal Rocks road near Forster, but eight other vehicles drove past the same spot.

Air Commodore Geoff Brown says it was a computer malfunction but the risk to the public was remote.

"The biggest risk of major injury is if you are actually inside that laser spot and looking directly back up at the aeroplane," he said.

"That's why we think it's extremely remote."

The Air Force has set up a hotline for people who think they may have been affected.

Source

Wow, that would be a real conversation piece!

I was driving to the shop and a laser beam came out of the sky ...

I am tempted just to ring the hotline and ask what should I be on the look out for with regard to symptoms?

I think the chances of this being a computer error is a load of crock. I think its more like the Pilots were bored and thought they would have a laugh!

oh just noticed that the incident happened May 28th and we are only just hearing about it?

weird!

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Thurisaz]

new topics

join