It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Kill 5-Year Old Boy While Shooting at Snake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Fox news--Police shoot 5-year old dead

This is posted on Fox news

NOBLE, Okla. — A stray bullet fired by a police officer trying to shoot a snake hit and killed a 5-year-old boy fishing at a nearby pond, officials said.

"I'm not saying the cop shot him on purpose," Tracy said. "It was an accident. But let me tell you — if I had a kid and put him in this car and didn't put him in a car seat and he got killed on the way to town, they'd charge me with murder ... and what this cop did is a lot worse than that."

I am so troubled by the attitude of the officer. He didn't even acknowledge that he had fired a shot. And shooting a snake out of a tree? The snake belonged there unless it was a pet and some rare breed that is poisonous. Anybody hear more about this?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This story is just...wow.

I can't believe how stupid people are getting nowadays.

What was the purpose of shooting the snake?

Poor little kid had to lose his life over some stupid police officer.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
:shk:I just saw this on CNN.The interview with the grandfather brought me to tears.What the frig kind of snake was it? Seriously this guy is a cop and he misses shooting a snake sitting in a tree?What, did the snake have a gun too! God, this is just wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the cop obviously hasnt heard of "snake-away" and similar services? (probably different names in the USA)

call some dude out the paper, he comes and professionally and safely removes the snake for you.

all you gotta do is keep an eye on it till he gets there so you can point it out.. no hard work for you, no need to blast away at it with your gun, no need to wrestle the thing like hulk hogan

just a simple, logical phone call and all would have been done within the hour and the little boy would still have his life.

[edit on 6/8/07 by Obliv_au]

new topics

top topics

join