It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone remember a laser disc space fighter arcade game from the 80's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I remember playing an arcade game in the late 80's that was a laser disc game I thought since the game seemed to have photorealistic scenes in it. In one area you flew through a gorge on an alien planet shooting down either obstacles or enemy fighters if I remember correctly. One day I went past all the high scores on the machine and finished the fly through in the gorge. I vaguely remember either fighting it out in space or else I journeyed to the surface of a planet and had a lot more things to shoot down.

Those laser discs games looked so real. I was very happy to beat all the high scores and see a lot more of the game that one day. However within a few days afterwards, the arcade game I had been playing disappeared and I never saw that game again anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I did a quick internet search for laser disc arcade games and couldn't find anything like it. I haven't seen a game like it ever since. I wouldn't mind playing it again.

Whatever happened to the 3D holographic arcade games? I would have thought someone would have developed something for pc's or home use by now after all these years.

join