It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Streaming Video from Space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thank you ngchunter, that is really cool. I believe you need your own thread on this, too!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I remember that when Al Gore wanted to put a satilite up just to look down at the Earth for everyday people to use, he was told no. It's hard enough for NASA to blurr out most of the things seen entering and leaving our atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I remember that when Al Gore wanted to put a satilite up just to look down at the Earth for everyday people to use, he was told no. It's hard enough for NASA to blurr out most of the things seen entering and leaving our atmosphere.

Actually, the DSCOVR satellite will probably fly on a delta 2 or falcon 9 rocket eventually. Since it's headed to Lagrangian point 1 far from earth, I don't see how it could spot anything entering or leaving the atmosphere.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just came across this: Dish Network has added a channel that is a LIVE shot of Earth from Dish's satellite 22,000 miles out. Channel 212 on my listing.

Hmmm...maybe we will see some little green men, or something else interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Great color on the Cluster ! And loved the way the Whirlpool slowly faded into view.

Do you do requests ?

I got to see Hercules and the Eskimo Nebula, last week through some 9"(?) Dobs.

I'd be curious to see the color and brightness of those short views ,
compared to your time lapse.

TechWeaving. I love it. It's like having our own RRRT .

Great APP , 'hunter

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
reply to post by ngchunter

Great color on the Cluster ! And loved the way the Whirlpool slowly faded into view.

Thanks! I'm eyeing a focal reducer right now which should make dim objects like the whirlpool pop out faster.

Do you do requests ?

I got to see Hercules and the Eskimo Nebula, last week through some 9"(?) Dobs.

As it happens, M3 was a request. I'll take requests, as long as my setup is capable of seeing it. Things like the Veil and Rosetta are just too large and diffuse for my SCT, of course. Hercules cluster and the Eskimo are both perfect though.

I'd be curious to see the color and brightness of those short views ,
compared to your time lapse.

This isn't from a live showing, of course, but here's an image I took of the eskimo about a year ago:
farm3.static.flickr.com...
It'd be interesting to try it again with a barlow on there and do a series of short exposures live since it's such a small bright object.

TechWeaving. I love it. It's like having our own RRRT .

Great APP , 'hunter

Thanks! If anyone's in florida I'm planning to go to the Dark Sky Festival at Harmony this weekend where I'll be doing a live viewing with the camera in front of a live audience

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I used Yahoo messenger's video function with my scopes to let my girlfriend (wifey now) have a look at whatever targets I was viewing at the time through my scope. I'd just fire up the webcam for my scope and we'd connect with messenger. Not fancy but it works pretty well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join