It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US company responsible for UK Foot and Mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

US company responsible for UK Foot and Mouth

www.mailonsunday.co.uk

An American pharmaceutical company appeared to be responsible for the foot and mouth outbreak in Britain
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Oh Dear, this is going to be expensive for someone. They will have to replace the lost livestock and pay compensations too

www.mailonsunday.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
OOps!!..

Pharma again??
Hey they've gotta do something to bring the pound down to keep up(down) with the dollar.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here is the other thread about this outbreak which contains info from other news sources.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
OOps!!..

Pharma again??
Hey they've gotta do something to bring the pound down to keep up(down) with the dollar.

Is it a part of Pharma? I thought it said it was a subsidiary of Merk or is that simply a subsidiary of Pharma ?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Was just referring to the fact it was a Pharmaceutical company that 'generated' the disiease. You are right.

What I don't get is why the blummin blimey are they there??
The vaccine they developed from the last biggie wasn't even used.. and still won't again..

It's like having a bubonic plague research centre in the middle of London and when people get infected Tony Blair says just burn the victims.. don't use the vaccine.

Why take the risk if you've no intention of using the beneficial results from it? DUH!!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Oh Sorry, I thought Pharma was some sort of company.

I think the reason they are there is to be close to the discoveries and they co-share info.

I mean Middle Wallop has the UK's Apache Longbow base yet just across the road is a big private weapons research factory

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A laboratory run by Merial Animal Health Ltd, a company jointly owned by U.S. drugmaker Merck & Co. Inc and France's Sanofi-Aventis SA,

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Now its being said the US company werent responsible.
Seems like mud slinging to me "OOOOHHH its them........No its them.......

www.telegraph.co.uk...;jsessionid=NW3X0X4LPLVCBQFIQMFCFGGAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2007/08/06/nfoot106.xml

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 6/8/07 by Chorlton]

top topics

join