It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Democratic Party Dies America will become a Dictatorship.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
If Kerry wins, he will be assasinated soon.

Looks like somebody has a plan. Not a may be, or could be, but will be. Hmmmmm. See Otts, this is the kind of thing I meant by my post-election chaos post, I don't see either side losing gracefully.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
27jd - that's what's sad and alarming about this. Democracy is supposed to be about discourse, exchange of ideas and rule for the betterment of the people. Makes you wonder if there will ever again be a day, like December 7, 1941 or September 11, 2001, where the President of the United States is really the President of ALL the Americans.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Makes you wonder if there will ever again be a day, like December 7, 1941 or September 11, 2001, where the President of the United States is really the President of ALL the Americans.

I doubt it, and the really alarming thing is there are many who believe the government was fully aware of both of those incidents before they occured, 9/11 and Pearl Harbor, as a way to manipulate the American people into backing the government in ventures they would normally oppose. The American people were opposed to joining WW2, and they would have been opposed, if asked, to overthrowing the Taliban because they would not allow an American oil pipeline to run through Afghanistan, and they would've also been opposed to invading a country that, in the recent past, has not done anything to anybody. Not that I believe every conspiracy theory I hear, but I also do not believe every lie the government feeds us, the truth can usually be found in the middle, and the middle is not a place where many people are these days.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Actually, the united state of america was not founded to be a multi party republic. It was just supposed to be a nonpartisan republic. Read George Washington's final address to the nation. He warns that one of the most threatening things to this country would be the development of political parties. Because members of political parties, and political parties as a whole, do whats best for the party, not necessarily whats best for the country. I think the fact that there is practically a two party system in america is a scary thought. We basically have two parties that we can choose from. Both parties will do whatever it takes to have their guy in office, and neither side really cares all that much about the public, except for their votes. Since there is only two, both parties control a substantial portion of the power and political leverage.

No, the party system will never die once its been started. There will always be the new jacobins to take the dead party's place.

Aparently Bush gets furious if you call him Mr. Bush instead of Mr. President.

He has to remember that he is a civilian first and foremost, and has 290million bosses.

One other thing, politicians have, in general, fallen from grace. I believe in Benjamin Franklin's autobiography, he states that a politician ought to be someone whos was successful on their own, and as a way of saying thanks to the country and people, goes into politics to help the country progress. Politicians now days, for the most part, are actually in it for the money and power. Sure, their salary isnt much, but all the porkbarreling is out of control.

Sorry to be a little cynical, but I don't believe its too far from the truth.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The first George W. was a very wise man - a Federalist as vice-president (Adams), a Democrat-Republican as Secretary of State (Jefferson) and an officially uncommitted President to keep them from tearing each other apart. It's unfortunate that only Washington, with his special aura as the first President, was able to achieve this.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by masterp
If Kerry wins, he will be assasinated soon.

Looks like somebody has a plan. Not a may be, or could be, but will be. Hmmmmm. See Otts, this is the kind of thing I meant by my post-election chaos post, I don't see either side losing gracefully.

Could masterp be a democrat/liberal just making another accusation on what the present adminitration will do according to him... instead of a republican making a threat? like we don't have enough democrats/liberals making these kind of claims...

BTW yes, a dictatorship will take hold of the US if this happens..

"Together, we are going to bring about the largest increase in domestic national service in our history," Kerry said. "Thanks to your service, our schools will be stronger, our communities will be safer and our environment will be cleaner."
Today, John Kerry calls on all of America's young people to serve, especially meeting education challenges, and he outlines his agenda for domestic service. John Kerry would engage 500,000 more Americans in national service each year within a decade, compared to 75,000 in AmeriCorps this year

Excerpted from.
releases.usnewswire.com...

John Kerry believes that in these times, we need to bolster these efforts with a nationwide commitment to national service. Whether it is a Summer of Service for our teenagers, helping young people serve their country in return for college, or the Older Americans in Service program, John Kerry's plan will call on every American of every age and every background to serve. John Kerry will set a goal of one million Americans a year in national service within the next decade.
As part of his 100 day plan to change America, John Kerry will propose a comprehensive service plan that includes requiring mandatory service for high school students and four years of college tuition in exchange for two years of national service.

Excerpted from.
web.archive.org...

A New Army of Patriots
Utilizes children and seniors to contribute community service in exchange for educational grants and supplemental healthcare grants retrospectively.
Enlists young people "to protect our nation from future terror attacks" via the expansion of Police Corps, an educational program that pays officers for their education in exchange for their work commitment after graduation.

Excerpted from.
www.utne.com...

However, despite of Kerry's true purposes for the US if he is elected, i do agree that we need more than one party, we have more than two anyways, if only to keep each other in check and continue to have a true representative system.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
W was quoted as saying "Dictatorship wouldn't be bad as long as I'm the dictator"

I laughed, because obviously that was a good joke. Lighten up!

Anyway, when the Democrat Party dies. The Republican party most likely will split. The Moderate Party and the Conservative Party. Notice I said when the democrat party dies, because it is just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
The first George W. was a very wise man - a Federalist as vice-president (Adams), a Democrat-Republican as Secretary of State (Jefferson) and an officially uncommitted President to keep them from tearing each other apart. It's unfortunate that only Washington, with his special aura as the first President, was able to achieve this.

actually gw didn't have anything to do with his vice president...the second place finisher in those days was the vice-president. so most of the first presidents had opposition vice-presidents. also jefferson resigned from the washington administration.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Again I beg the question is the democratic party dying?

No offense BlackJackal, as I know you're trying to raise a greater point about the need for two or more strong parties
, but your premise may be a bit one sided here.

It's true that baby boomers currently represent a large part of the Democrat party but also the Republican party. People die, things shift, but it tends to stay fairly even. And if new registrations are any indication (not to mention the surge of the Libertarian Party), you may want to consider the damage neocons have done to the RNC more than anything.

From what I've read this is the first time since Reagen there's actually more Democrats than Republicans. 33% to 30%. And many more either not registered or Independent or third party.

If things were such a "lock" in the South for Republicans (as many claim) why is Tom DeLay looking at jail or retirement for his shady redistricting of Texas to save vunerable Republican seats? The fact is the south is being slowly eaten by immigrants and minorities and expaning urban centers (like Atlanta). So don't sing the death dirge of the DNC anytime soon.

We're about to take back the White House (no matter how many white GOP males earning over $75,000 a year Gallup says represents "likely voters"). Everything changed this year. And it'll be left for armchair quarterbacks to figure it all out after the fact.

But lucky for most in the RNC, Democrats will cross party lines to vote for whoever they really like when it matters. Democrats elected Arnold in California, Reagen twice for President...they just don't "straight ticket" like others are known for.

Will Republicans do the same this year and make Kerry a mandate or just a squeak? It doesn't matter either way. Things even out. A Bush re-election will gut the RNC incumbents come 2006 and return the legislative to Democrats. A Kerry win could have the reverse impact.

The thing is the balance you seek will happen one way or the other. This horribly divisive one party rule of government we have now under Bush & Co will not last. Either give Kerry the veto now, or the country will render Bush a lame duck come 2006. In my opinion, the latter will actually hurt the Republican party more in the long run. It'll be hard to get that Democrat majority out again.

You remember the last time when it took 40 years right?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
.............., or the country will render Bush a lame duck come 2006. In my opinion, the latter will actually hurt the Republican party more in the long run. It'll be hard to get that Democrat majority out again.

You remember the last time when it took 40 years right?

First I agree sort of, four years of Kerry would be extremely good for the GOP and libertarians. However, bush would be a lame duck come 2006 no matter how good he does. Democrats were practicing obstructionist politics prior to 9/11 and will return to that after the election regardless of the outcome.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Keholmes - ah yes, thank you for reminding me, I'd forgotten that system with the Presidency and the vice presidency was in place back then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join