It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic and Kabbalistic Symbols in the Washington DC Map Layout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My thesis is that the DC planners used more than one template in the design of the Washington DC map, those being the cross section of the Great Pyramid, Metatron's Cube and the Kabbalistic Tree of Life.

I suggest that Pennsylvania Avenue has a bend in it for topographic reasons.

Rather than try to explain all of my ideas here, I will direct you to my site at:

www.geocities.com...

Bigbytes

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A fair amount of the information you propose is certainly not a new idea; and it is certainly a fascinating subject. Since you wrote the site, I am sure you are familiar with this great book on the subject, this is simply for others who might want to read it in a more comprehensive and published form. I love this subject.....

The Secret Architecture of Our Nations Capitol; David Ovason

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
B-

I recommend that you take some more time to read what there is on my website before dismissing it as the same old stuff. There is over 100 MB of text and images there.

You may want to look at a set of pages entitled "my own ideas", where I distinguish my ideas from those of others. For instance, while more than one person has pointed to the ~52 degree triangle that is suggested by New Hampshire Ave, the idea that the map layout represents a cross-section of the elements of the Great Pyramid is 'my idea'.

Also I suggest that the bend in Penn Ave resulted from the topography of the edge of Jenkins Heights. I welcome you to take a look at:

www.geocities.com...

As to Mr Ovason's book, I deal with that in a 10 page section of my site located at:

www.geocities.com...

Big Bytes

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was recommending a book on the same subject....if you simply want a pat on the back for linking to an external site you created on your own; well maybe someone here can humor you.

I said it was an interesting subject, I did not dismiss any of your ideas. I simply did not comment on any of them.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
in the cross section of the pyromid there is a lower chamber, that mean there is something under ther river in DC?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You certainly put a lot of time into this project and for that I will spend time going over it before making any judgment and I suggest everyone do the same.

This could be a great thread dissecting the various points made. Perhaps then he can add or delete based on what we find out.

Cory

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Talon, you wrote:

"in the cross section of the pyromid there is a lower chamber, that mean there is something under ther river in DC?"

I end the presentations that I do concerning the DC map with two questions. Those are, if we accept that the features in the map correlate to the elements in the pyramid cross section, 1) what is there in DC that correlates to the subterranean chamber and 2) what might the features in the map tell us about elements in the pyramid that 'we' don't know about yet?

The second questions suggests that the planners may have had access to more detailed info about the structure than had been provided by the survey that John Greaves did in the 1630's.

If you look at the map of the DC subway system you will see that there are train lines that run under the river, although not in that specific area.

If you look at the pyramid image you will see that there is a passageway that extends beyond the subterranean chamber and dead ends at about 60 feet. In the map, this would bring us very near the Pentagon.

If you look at the map of Arlington, near the Pentagon, you will see Crystal City, which features a large UNDERGROUND complex.

www.commuterpage.com...

There is a lot going on under the surface in that area, but I don't know what there might be in the spot that correlates to the s. chamber. Your question is a good one. Thanks.

Big Bytes

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Graham Hancock wrote a book called Talisman on this subject. If you are interested in this, you will like it.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
DD-

An engineering student eh? May I presume that you are in your early 20's? I am in my late 50's.

I first posted my ideas about the DC map on Hancock's Forum in 2002. I am familiar with their work (H&B).

Big Bytes

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm 25. I was an electrical engineering student, but I graduated since I made that title, and I don't want to spend points to change it :p Unofficially, I also had a minor in history, since I took as many history courses as I could for credit. I'm interested in history in general.

Talisman is the only book I've read by those two. While I agreed with the historical facts they presented (all the ones I checked or already knew were correct) I did not agree with the conclusions they drew from those facts. However, it was still a very interesting book. I just wasn't convinced by the way they tried to tie all of the facts together.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In regards to David Ovason's book, Secret Architecture of Our Nation's Capital, you will note that today is August 10th, the day that he identifies as when the sun sets over Pennsylvania Avenue as seen from the Capitol Building (looking northwest toward the White House).

Ovason suggests over and over again that Penn Ave was aligned to this one sunset on one day; the reason being that after sunset the Virgo constellation is visible in the western sky tonight.

You will note that the Virgo is the second largest constellation in the sky, so it
has been visible just after sunset in the west for quite a while, and will remain visible for quite a bit longer after sunset.

Note that the longest constellation in the sky is Hydra which stretches across 90 degrees of the sky. In Revelations 12 you will read of a multi-headed dragon whose tail drew down the third part of the stars of the heaven and which "stood before the woman" clothed with the sun and moon at her feet.

Looking at a star map, you will see that the Hydra constellation 'stands before' the Virgo constellation in the sky. This 'wonder in the heaven' is visible, not for one night but for 5 months at a time.

If you know anything about the Solar Arc, you will know that the sun also sets over Penn Ave early in the second week of May, as well as in August. That is, Penn Ave is not aligned to one sunset on one day. Ovason never mentions the May sunset.

Ovason suggest that the position of the Capitol Building was chosen on the edge of Jenkins Heights, then the position of the White House was determined so as to guarantee this solar alignment.

In a page entitled The Straight Line Hypothesis, I suggest that the planners would have like for Penn Ave to have been a straight line, but the position of the CB that would have provided a straight PA would have been on the side of a steep slope. See:

D:\DC\HT_DOCS\1_DC_symbolism\indexxx.htm

If we project a line through two corners of the pentagram (Logan CR and Mt Vernon Sq) we find that it passes south of the current location of the CB, hitting instead where the CB needed to be to guarantee a straight PA.

Big Bytes

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

top topics

join