It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain why the following idea is IMPOSSIBLE? (RE: Pre-Big Bang)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Regarding what existed before the Big Bang, and assuming existance and the Universe itself isn't a false reality or a projection, I answer this issue with one word: proto-matter.

Basically, you assume the Universe works on a cycle of expanding from "nothing" to collapsing to "nothing", over and over again. This "nothing" is actually so-called proto-matter. The cycle has no end and no beginning really, so it can be said it has been happening forever, and will continue to happen forever. Think of a backdraft explosion in a structure fire (yes, I realize the big bang wasn't a literal fireball).

Of course none of this can be proven, but considering proto-matter existed/exists before the detectable Universe did/does, it would be impossible to prove its existance, thus making my claim unfalsifiable.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by prototism]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You might like the recent cyclic models derived from string theory:

Steidhardt-Turok Model

Baum-Frampton Model

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank you, I did like that very much. I knew there had to be a credible theory associated with my thought process.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
hi all, this is virtually identical to a theory i had which i posted here months ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

top topics

join