It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrasonics - Deadly Silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Picture the scenario. You're walking through a busy city street when a disturbance breaks out. Suddenly, you're engulfed by a mass of heaving bodies. You struggle to escape, but find your way blocked at every turn. Amid the chaos, you hear the sound of approaching police sirens. When the officers arrive, however, they are not carrying the usual riot shields and batons; they have only what look like large speakers, held out at arms length Suddenly, you feel as if you cannot breathe; your head is pounding as you stumble to your knees. Overcome by nausea, you try to get up, but are engulfed by a feeling of intense anxiety and cannot move. As you lie there, vomiting uncontrollably, those around you are dropping like flies. In the end, the entire crowd is writhing in agony as the police wade in to make arrests. In the aftermath of your ordeal, you recover completely, but one question remains: what caused the devastating physical effects you experienced? You were not hit by a rubber bullet, you saw no tear gas or other noxious substance in the air. So why did so many people fall to the floor as if overtaken by some crippling disease? The answer is simple. You and those around you had fallen victim to a new and terrifying weapon - infrasound.

MORE....

[Edited on 1-12-2002 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Damn it mad scientist, you cliffhanger abuser, your damn link doesn't work

That truly is an amazing picture, I'm sorry there's just something hillarious about people dropping like flies and heaving to and fro.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sorry about that FreeMason, don't know what happened. Works now.

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Bush talks about a next generation of bunker-busting nukes, however the power of these weeaopns would be perfect for tunnel systems.
The only obstacle that I can see his is how to deliver type of weapon from long range ie.in the form of a warhead on a missile or bomb. At the moment the devices can only be deployed from close relatively close range by people.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The most fundamental signals which permeate this world are inaudible. They not only surpass our hearing, but they undergird our being. Natural infrasounds rumble through experience daily. There manifestations are fortunately infrequent and incoherent. Infrasound is inaudible to human hearing, being of pitch below 15 cycles per second. The bottom human limit. The plynth. The foundation. Infrasound is not heard, it is felt. Infrasound holds a terrible secret in its silent roar.

Infrasound produces varied physiological sensations which begin as vague "irritations". At certain pitch, infrasound produces physical pressure. At specific low intensity, fear and disorientation. Nazi propaganda engineers methodically used infrasound to stir up the hostilities of crowds who were gathered to hear their madman. The results are historical nightmares.

At a very specific pitch, infrasound explodes matter. At others, infrasound incapacitates and kills. Organisms rupture in its blast. Sea creatures use this power to stun and kill prey.

www.borderlands.com...

Seems like it would be an extraordinarily effective weapon.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you have got or could get a hold of "The Amok Sensuround Edition" book this book has alot about Infrasonics and that, dealing with the French research team in the 60s and 70s.

"Squawk Boxes" are what the British Miliatry had from the late 60s and onwards, and they also I think they got "Sound Curdlers" from the Americans. This is what we know from the "Ashenden Control Data Manual" and I think alot of "Jane's" have cross-referencing.

Non-lethality, that is, the concept of super hi-tech weaponry to not shed blood but have "novel effects" has existed since the times of doing the original Radar tests for the army but also may have a link to certain fringe scientists and also other high up military and corporate peoples.

ELF, ULF, VLF, Microwaves, etc. the whole gamut of esoteric and secret and forbidden black budget technologies.

I say look at Klaus Maeck's seminal indie German film "Decoder" with William S Burroughs, FM Einheit (of Einsturzende Neubautten), Genesis P Orridge, etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
based on the negative language in your descriptive little scenario, i assume youre deeming this new non-lethal weapon a bad thing.

since when is non-lethal a bad thing?

[edit on 8-9-2005 by purelogik]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are plus sides and down sides to everything.

There seem serious issues arround non lethalities in that it can work out just as lethal, in that it can cause carcinogenesis, brain damage, cooking of the insides, etc...

Possibly better than the local SWAT team shooting an innocent Afro American for the crime of being of a different coloured skin, and the Cops thinking/assuming that s/he seems a malcontent. Then starting a Riot by their cold hearted ineptness.

So there exists serious down sides, besides the Mind Control phenomena that hooks it self to the whole issue of Non Lethalities and Novel Effects Weaponries. Serious Civil Rights infringements seem just around the corner, if not already.

I live in the UK and the only serious work that has ever been proved where Non Lethality was engineered was at Greenham Common Base, where the Peace Campers (a Woman's only Peace Camp) were targetted with Microwaves. I find the wholesale experimentation on innocent civilians to exist as an immoralist issue.

Now if it was done maybe to finish an invasion or a possible war quickly to finish a possible Low Intensity Conflict which goes on and on, where the UN seem like pathetic do-do's, then mebbe it would have some momentum as a serious weapon for the Militaria and the Police or whatever you want to call them.

Let us face it world wars seem a thing of the past, the theatre of war has now moved to a micro scale of the theatre of war. The Paradigm's have shifted. Now we have Civil Wars, Insurgencies, etc.

Possibly the existence of these weapons like always will hold within the developed nations, so it seems within the future or now, we have now moved from an Entropy based Fear Model of Mutually Assured Destructions to an Electromagnetic and Scalar New Wave, the Superpowers Model have shifted.

Now if you wanted to take out a whole island with the quickest force available, I would postulate that you could easilly utilise an Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb to destroy the Communications and Media and Computer Infrastructure, thus disabling the Comms Lines. Communications is paramount to a good defence especially in these Information Model soaked times. Then you could dispatch Special Forces with ease with less firepower than what was used, especially if you could soak a whole area in Electromagnetics and Newer Communications to replace the existing Junta's or Marxist Rebels, that is to hijack the Media Streams and Feeds.

With Satellite Imaging from Stealth Airplanes it maybe possible to target rebel strongholds with sound cannons and deionisers and weather warfares to demoralise the core of the rebel forces. This is Psy Ops in effects.

Real War may mean TV hits and Gore but it must become apparent to have a quick and efficient takeover, and I hasten to add that Real War TV has reduced the populist sensationalist drenched quest for war - people don't like corpses when they are eating their TV dinners that's what happened to Vietnam, it was as they say FUBAR and SNAFU.

So look at the EEC and the UN treatises on Non Lethalities they don't trust it yet, as the nomenclature that have carried out the R & D will keep the secrets to themselves, such seems the price to a Corporate Miltary Industrustrial Complex that has the Spheres of Non Lethalities all to themselves, as with any esoteric and future now technologies.

# I feel ashamed of myself I like to call myself an anarchist or a libertarian but I have just imagined a takeover of a third world nation by the developing nations! Futuristic tech is all too real and hush hushed I fear.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What would I do you ask?

I would turn off my hearing aides and stand there wondering what all the commotion was about....

Then I would start signng to the guys with speakers....

Finally, I would say few prayers since I have no way of knowing how they would react to someone not affected by their new weapon.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There are ways and means of trick by slight of mind and of using your body to cheat a psychotronic attack. With everything you should find it all out, I know you can cheat the Dazzler Strobes that they use by winking your eyes in alernating motions, sounds daft but it cheats the freqencies that can induce a near epilepsy attack. Possibly a positive bioinformational self meta progarmming would help against a launch of estoteric tech. You would have to search out the websites that are about about self defence. It beats wearing Tinfoil Hats anyday!!!

new topics

top topics

join